Best Jack of all trades civ?

No joke, i’ve watched 1 min of the first game and i already can tell you are a really low elo player. And that’s just watching you, your opponent isn’t that good either.

Whatever build you are going for, just judging by the idle time of your tc and vills you are off.

• The scouting is bad, but since you are low elo that’s kinda fine. It’s kinda hard, but to improve it you should at least try to use your sheep a bit: keep a coupple of them under your tc and then use the other 2 to help your scout, You should also try to scout your opponent’s strat, but better get down to the basics first
  • The vills on the straggler make no sense, vills numbers 7 goes to wood line and builds a lumber camp, Not only the vills on the stragglers are going to be less efficient than vills working on a well placed lumbercamps, but you are also removing wood can be used in different ways. First of all, in feudal you can put you gather point on them and then switch them to farms: this way they won’t be idle once you create them. The second reason is that they can be used as a secondary source of wood if your opponents forces you out of your main woodlines. this can be a problem especially if you cannot go for a second lumber camp straight away (which can happen in some build)
  • Loom pop 9. Just no please, you hurt your own eco way more than you should ever do. Loom should be delayed as much as possible (meaning you should make it before clicking up to feudal age on arabia) because the more you delay the more you’ll have effective villagers working
  • Going for mill without even touching the boar makes no sense either. You should always go for the first boar after you have sent 3/4 vills to your wood line depending on you strat. Judging by what you want to do you should do 6 sheep, 4 wood, 1 boar, build 2 houses and then build the mill
  • Luring with a 22 hp vill is kinda a bad idea. Even if you have loom you should always use a full health vill because a lot of things can happen. I’m going to thrown a couple here just so you get an idea: sometimes vill bug out, using a low hp vill means he is gonna die. Another problem come the more you climb the ladder and that’s someone blocking you vill with a scout: luring with a full hp one help you to survive
  • You went up a 29 pop with a eco that wans’t even set up for a FC. Not many tips i can give you on that, just go check a good FC build if you wanna go for that
  • The build you went for was so bad that you got killed at min 17. This can be prevented in 2 ways: wall or up faster and make units. I already hear man, “but in my strat i use towers to defend”. Tower defence is not that great unless you are walled because if you make only one tower he can sit under it with army, if you have to make two towers on every resource you’ll butcher your castle age time so much he’ll kill you with knights and siege or whatever he wants really.
    You want to go for tower defence? fine, but then you’ll need to go up faster since by going for asort of naked fc doesn’t allow to defend yourself from well done feudal aggression. Tldr; going for onyl tower defence is not good enough if you are not wall and you don’t go up a bit faster

That was the Teutons - Japanese game

I’m watching the Teutons - Malians game, not writing all your mistakes again, just highlighting that you arrived in castle at min 20 with 37 pop and no military unit on arabia.
This game confirms me that you are a low elo player simply by the fact that your opponents boomed his way to 170 vills instead of killing you in early imp since you had no map control or units (player that at one point had 80 idles). I also sincerely belive that he was afk at one point because he had 120 idle vills.

If you like to play this way be my guest man, but for competitive age this makes no sense whatsoever and you should stop suggesting this stuff to players who legitimately wants to improve

Malians are my fav. Very versatile but late game they’re a bit weaker than Spanish which are a stronger late game allrounder civ (except in regards of Foot archers). Honorable mention to Persians and Saracens too.

1 Like

Just quoting this to highlight the important part that might be missed in the needlessly long comment - no reason to point out what people do wrong, but you are spot on there: If someone likes to play in a certain way, great! Lets have fun! But it should always be labeld as just that.

1 Like

Which one is the teutons japanese game? not sure if I uploaded the right one for that one

To note, my style is reactive mostly, if my enemy isn’t being agressive I’ve no need to be, so you won’t see many units - the more aggressive the enemy, the more units - structures serve as the main defense well into castle age

My build order is not set in stone and has a variety of ways to boom and defend, still looking for optimal defensive booms tbh
Attempting to perfect one for open maps like arabia and one for closed maps like black forest

Also, my experience in rushing is under 50 games - it doesn’t surprise me that that’s your analysis

The malians was a guy who was 1850 elo in HD who claimed to have 2k play; if memory serves
It ended up being more of a mock battle and he resigned in the end - he still had plenty of resources and 4 of the relics, but resigned when he eventually killed off the siege group for one reason or another, if I remember correctly

Regardless of elo, I tend to let my opponent boom to their best so I can fight them at their best.

And lastly, I am not telling people how to boom, especially since I know mine isn’t perfect. I’m simply giving advice on defensive eco and endgame army structure - on the side I show how I boom, but it’s not a how-to guide specific to my strategy and I do not say it’s the best way to boom into it either.

Someone who is experienced in rushing and would be able to incorporate defensive eco and the endgame militant structure into play would be much better than I am now.

As for the straggler trees, at most I chop two and then send the group of 4 to hit up lumbercamps wherever, they’re always the two closest.

I’ll improve over time.

As for the reason for my boom style -
As soon as I hit feudal I prepare defensive towers, the dark age style prepares for this,
That is to lead me into castle age for an immidiate building of a castle and the needed town centers for a decent boom.

Remember that my skill level is not reflective of the limits of my general strategy. It scales with player skill level of play.

My goal is to get better myself,
But also to pass along the general strategy to someone who can go much further with it than my current ability carries me
(HD elo 1550 feels easish, 1650 is a decent challenge, 1750+ is where I feel it gets harder and the challenge is more enjoyable, where I actually improve)

I understand it to the degree that I am not the best user of this strategy, just the founder of it, and someone much better than me will be able to polish it out of the rough and make it shine.

I am in no way meaning to defend myself, but the strategy is what I am defending and it is the hill I die on.

Do whatever you want, your strat still remain bad and unoptimal for a decent level player

And trust me, using that strategy, there will be lots of dieing on your end (on hills and elsewhere).

Whatever, I’ll continue to improve it until you eat those words.

Go ahead and keep us updated <3

1 Like

you know where to find me man, still willing to check your recs in a bit to see if you have improved at least in the booming aspect.
i still find hard to believe i’ll eat my words about the viability of your ideas at a decent aoe2 level, but go for it anyway since having fun playing the game is the more importat aspect of it

1 Like

Oh makes me want to main Saracens. :smiley:

1 Like