Beta Sign Up Support

Will there be more invites now the launch date has been pushed back?

@CoolCatCobra09 said:
Will there be more invites now the launch date has been pushed back?

Yes. The blog post announcing the delayed release of AoE:DE said the team will be inviting thousands of more insiders before release.

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-empires-de-release-update/

Looks like iā€™m already in the beta as of now, even if i never got a proper beta invitation in my emailā€¦ is this legit?

@SlumberyHook81 said:
Looks like iā€™m already in the beta as of now, even if i never got a proper beta invitation in my emailā€¦ is this legit?

Yes. You have the beta participant role on your forum profile.

I have completed the survey. How long it takes to get the access to beta.

Iā€™m receiving e-mails to answer questions in a survey about my ongoing beta-test but I never got an e-mail that Iā€™m invited beta tester, and I donā€™t know how to download and play the beta now.
When I start the game from the Xbox App, a messag pops up asking me to purchase the game again, as I got a refund for my pre-order once the release date was postponed.

Please advise!

@xboxhungry said:
Can take days or never. But if they do a open betaā€¦

This ā€œSupportā€ does basically not exist?

Players, if you receive e-mails asking you to provide feedback on your Beta-Test, and you havenā€™t seen an email with instructions how to download the game and start testing:

1. Click on your profile/picture and see if ā€œBeta Participantā€ is listed next to ā€œInsiderā€ and ā€œMemberā€.
  2. If yes, you should have access to the closed Beta Forums. Find them in the Forums listed right side.
  3. Enter ā€œBeta for Age of Empiresā€ --> Support Forum.
  4. Find a post called ā€œHow to Download Closed Betaā€ by MSOTech.
  5. Execute steps and enjoy the game & provide your feedback! :slight_smile:

Cheers

@BrutishOrc37003 said:
This ā€œSupportā€ does basically not exist?

Players, if you receive e-mails asking you to provide feedback on your Beta-Test, and you havenā€™t seen an email with instructions how to download the game and start testing:

1. Click on your profile/picture and see if ā€œBeta Participantā€ is listed next to ā€œInsiderā€ and ā€œMemberā€.
  2. If yes, you should have access to the closed Beta Forums. Find them in the Forums listed right side.
  3. Enter ā€œBeta for Age of Empiresā€ ā†’ Support Forum.
  4. Find a post called ā€œHow to Download Closed Betaā€ by MSOTech.
  5. Execute steps and enjoy the game & provide your feedback! :slight_smile:

Cheers

thx for the instructions @BrutishOrc37003

guys, any words on getting the access to the betaā€¦ I am a huge fan of AOE. in my days completed the whole campaign this in 18 hour straight play. appreciate if i can get access to the beta or hope the release happen soon.

@Augustusman said:

@xboxhungry said:
Can take days or never. But if they do a open betaā€¦

open beta us a no brainerā€¦ hope they go for open beta during holidays.

Hello,

I have filled out the survey. iā€™m an experienced veteran of AoE, I used to regularly game back on MSN Gaming zone on both Rise Of Rome & Age of Conquerors edition, and more recently have played online out of nostalgia. I feel people with the experience and understanding with the game such as myself would be ideal candidates for beta testing?

How long does it take to hear back if I was successful or not?

@rhrmn I just signed up yesterday, do i still have any chance to get in? iā€™ve played all of age of empires games in the past and i owuld really like to help in the beta testing!

@ObachuX said:
@rhrmn I just signed up yesterday, do i still have any chance to get in? iā€™ve played all of age of empires games in the past and i owuld really like to help in the beta testing!

Youā€™ll receive a survey this Friday. Be sure to complete it as soon as possible on the PC youā€™re looking to use for the beta. After that you have as much a chance as anyone for being accepted into the beta. The Age of Empires community team said they will be inviting thousands of new insiders to play the AoE:DE closed beta over the coming months until release.

@rhrmn said:

@ObachuX said:

Youā€™ll receive a survey this Friday. Be sure to complete it as soon as possible on the PC youā€™re looking to use for the beta. After that you have as much a chance as anyone for being accepted into the beta. The Age of Empires community team said they will be inviting thousands of new insiders to play the AoE:DE closed beta over the coming months until release.

Thank you so much for your help! one last question though, where will i be able to complete the survey? will i recieve it in an email or will it be available here in the forums? thanks again!

@ObachuX said:

@rhrmn said:

@ObachuX said:

Thank you so much for your help! one last question though, where will i be able to complete the survey? will i recieve it in an email or will it be available here in the forums? thanks again!

Youā€™ll receive the initial insider survey via email at the account you used to register for the Insider program. Pay attention to your junk or spam folders as well, because email from the team has landed in junk or spam folders frequently for other insiders. If you donā€™t receive a survey by the end of the day this Friday, Redmond WA, USA time, send a private message to @jennywaboom or @snickerdoodle.

Any idea when these extra beta invites will be sent out? Been checking my email night and day!! :smiley: :smiley:

@MichaelLayman1 said:
Any idea when these extra beta invites will be sent out? Been checking my email night and day!! :smiley: :smiley:

Same here, do you think this is only for the pre-order owners or for all players? Iā€™ll buy it for sure but have no money atm.

wait for BETA

@VanishCoin said:
wait for BETA

Iā€™d rather get it earlier my friend :wink: