Big elephant in the room: Cheaters! #1 on RM 1v1 ladder!

There is more than 1 hacker, as I said someone did make a list of hackers, and there are hackers who are more subtle than going for #1.

1 Like

the cheats are available for everyone

i just tested and it is working perfectly . Now the thing is how are u going to use it

" PATHFINDING: Weā€™re aware of instances where melee units arenā€™t pathing appropriately when engaging stacks of enemy armies, and weā€™ll be working on addressing this in a future update."
This is the kind of filler stuff I mean. The general consensus I heard from watching several streams and playing a bit is that pathfinding has had no noticeable changes since the March(?) update and you seem to agree ā€œpathfinding seems more or less the sameā€.

1 Like

-Okay, that makes more sense and aligns with what I experience as well. Then why is the pathfinding included in your statement?

-It seems for updates they will include a fix in the patch note if they made a change; and they leave it in ā€œknown issuesā€ if they did not make a change. That is the precedent for every update so far. Why do we singularly call out that they must be lying about the adding preventative measures patch note?

I donā€™t think that developers need to go crazy implementing anti-cheat mechanics. Working report system with actual person who reacts to reports and bans cheaters would be mostly enough I believe.

8 Likes

They should take the reports of cheating way more serious, as the Chinese guy is clearly getting too annoying

1 Like

The #1 dude got banned but look carefully at the #100 and you will find another Argentina flag person coming up with an absurd win streak and a jump from 1200 to 2000 ELO in 2 days.

If you browse through the #1000 you will find at least half-dozen suspect players on win streaks and less than 50 games.

I hope the devs can fix this one. Truly do. This game is amazing and I love it.

-Thatā€™s great to hear! But yeah; one of the best ways is to report players as your see them/encounter them! Iā€™m not sure how much access they have to ā€œpast gamesā€ played if a report comes in.

Cheat is way to win. If they can manage to prevent cheaters that would be nice somehow.

2 Likes

A simple logic which detects increases in resources of over 1000 or so within one game second
OR detects any Unit or Tech finishing within 2-3 seconds ,
OR detects any other impossible scenarios like currently unavailable techs researched
should make that player auto-lose

Unless thereā€™s cheats allowed or thereā€™s a mod that increases work rates and stuff

That means you cannot control this fully

1 Like

Those points arent an issue for ranked games. You cant allow cheat or you mods that increase work rates.
For unranked: you can exclude the check for games with cheat allowed or with data mods.

1 Like

That is a really good point.

If there is a mod like that then obviously this anti-cheat algorithm wont be used for those games

99% games donā€™t use data mods anyway
No pro games use them

The cheater seems to have infinite resources

How are we gonna stop that?

by using simple, but hidden, logic to detect those changes
This anti-cheat program code could be encoded in practically uncrackable encodings
(well, unless P=NP, then GG)

You can say you can check when a tech is researched (for example, spies can only be researched in imp) and then if the tech was there before imp, DC the player and ban them

Infinite resources is a bit hard to counter

No itā€™s just as easy, the logic can detect the (net villager income + tributes rcvd) and the ( net resource expenditure + tributes sent) with a simple integer variable lol

and calculate (net villager income + tributes rcvd) minus (net resource expenditure + tributes sent)
and check if its = resources in bank

This is Bookkeeping 101

2 Likes

idk why I keep thinking about unranked situations every time 11

Indeed, game gets worse with every update. :smiley: Fix 2 things, break 3.

1 Like