[BLOG] Empire Wars is coming to Ranked Play

@OMGBoxShark

I love the fact that EW is coming to ranked. I pretty much support that change. Getting rid of DM might be a mistake. My preferred option would be to have RM, DM and EW in ranked play. I have to say i dont really play DM. So for me it doesnt really matter that much.

In the blog you write about getting a good MP experience in ranked. DM doesnt fit this description as result of unbalanced games. Just to illustrate my point about unbalanced games, i want to quote some statements out of the blog:

There is currently also another issue why games arent balanced. This has to do with the following bug:

As results of this bug, the TG ladders are messed up. Elo doesnt represent skill. As result games are much more unbalanced then needed.

Since your starting rating on this new ladder also depends on your rating on other ladders, this mess on the TG ladders will transfer to the newly EW ladders (1v1 and TGs). As result the games on the EW ladder will also be unbalanced.

Please take the time to fix this issue as well, so we really can enjoy the new EW ladders!

1 Like