Brazilian Civilization

good age of empires 3 is one of my favorite games in life, and with a great possibility of being released Brazilian Civilization, I started to imagine how it would be and how I would like it to be, I think I ended up getting excited and I want to share with yous.

#########################################################################################################
It’s not 100% complete yet, I’d like to have suggestions.

I would be extremely happy if Civilization is released and something I made is put to good use, I would be immensely honored.

1_PBDZz6r3CJGIFhIcK4ICgQ

8 Likes
6 Likes

muito boas suas sugestões, seria legal o brasil ter algo único com comercio de açúcar café e tabaco como venda der recursos no mercado igual ou parecido com os africanos

Brazil being on the defensive being attacked on most situations?

What… what situations are you even talking about? Literally the first military action of the Brazilian army was invading Guyana. Most of the Cisplatine war was fought over Uruguayan soil, most of the War of the Triple Alliance was fought over Paraguayan soil and the Acre war was literally Brazil just invading and taking over that part of Bolivia.

Like, don’t get me wrong, I guess the very first stages of the war of the triple alliance were fought defensively, but compared to Mexico & the United States who both had their capitals sacked during their 19th century, the hearland of Brazil was never even remotely threatened.

There’s no “defensive war” to speak of.

7 Likes

Brazil being on the defensive being attacked on most situations?

in almost all situations. even before brazil was independent, its territory was attacked several times and the invaders were always expelled after a few years of conflict.

What… what situations are you even talking about? Literally the first military action of the Brazilian army was invading Guyana. Most of the Cisplatine war was fought over Uruguayan soil, most of the War of the Triple Alliance was fought over Paraguayan soil and the Acre war was literally Brazil just invading and taking over that part of Bolivia.

You really don’t know anything about history, do you? No problem, I’ll teach you… first about Guyana, France started invading Portugal ok? before the dispute for Cisplatina, Brazil had territory invaded

Like, don’t get me wrong, I guess the very first stages of the war of the triple alliance were fought defensively, but compared to Mexico & the United States who both had their capitals sacked during their 19th century, the hearland of Brazil was never even remotely threatened.

this is a remit, brazil knew how to defend itself as always, since when brazil was a colony it has always been invaded and chased away the invaders.

There’s no “defensive war” to speak of.

Study a little before to avoid embarrassment talking about a subject you don’t know.

He’s a history teacher

3 Likes

brasil fez uma ‘‘baguncinha’’ também mano na américa latina

1 Like

Nationalism was a mistake.

3 Likes

what exactly are you talking about?

Telling a history teacher they don’t know history because they accurately described Brazil’s war conduct. You didn’t like it cause it didn’t fit your nationalistic idea of the Brazilian Empire at the time.

4 Likes

Compared with Brazil, I prefer the emergence of Persia. The Middle East, West Asia and the Caucasus have been neglected for too long, and Asia has also been missing a fourth country.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t mind all of them being in the game. Korea could make for a good fourth Asian civ synergizing with the japanese civilization.

Korea was only a ###### state between China and Japan during this period. Compared with Persia, which had long faced the Ottoman and Mughal empires, it was more suitable as a secondary civilization.

2 Likes

Korea defeated Japan twice. I don’t know where this meme comes from but it’s historically inaccurate to describe Korea who had to face what is considered the most powerful land army in the world at that time twice and won “garbage” It’s leadership was incompetent but the soldiers and generals weren’t especially when it came to logistically destroying Japan’s ability to continue the war. Why not have both Persia and Korea? Why play favouritism?

3 Likes

accurately described Brazil’s war conduct

kkkkkkk I laughed a lot, it must be some fake account of his because it’s not possible, the guy comes to say that brazil just invaded Guyana, if he’s a teacher he has to tear up his diploma and go back to college, the invasion of Guyana was a response to the invasion of Portugal by Napoleon, “history teacher” kkkk

I think you have misunderstood a historical fact that Korea defeated Japan mainly because of its strong alliance with the Ming Dynasty, and thus received a large amount of military assistance from China. The Japanese invasion was only a small-scale operation. Hideki Toyoto was not able to command the Tokugawa family’s strength in the East. After losing the assistance of the Ming Dynasty, Korea was soon forced to surrender to the Later jin regime. The most important thing is that, During this period, the political influence of Korea was limited to the Korean peninsula, but the influence of Persia covered the Arab region and Central Asia, and even invaded the capital of the Mughal Empire for a time, which could make up for the blank of Muslim forces outside of Ottoman.

1 Like

The most important part is that Korea is too close to China and Japan in culture, which makes it uninteresting. But Persia can show that the Muslim world outside of Ottoman at the same time, compared with the Kingdom of Korea, Myanmar and Thailand are also more suitable than Korea. They can open up a new style of civilization, and also have stories of the Qing-Myanmar War and the British-Myanmar War

Korea defeated Japan because their logistics were vulnerable. The Imjin War is actually an example where attacking the logistical side of the enemy is praised instead of epic easily romanticized pitch battles.

1 Like

i dont see any unique units? kinda necessary for a faction to become a reality.

i feel like the cards you are giving from age ups are really strong, like you are giving what to the US are age 4 cards in age 2. ill go by them by state.

Age 2

Rio grande do Norto

700 extra resources and instant gather rate would make it instant pick in any mode, it means after just 3 cards brazil has 2800 resources, compared to other factions who even if they try cant get above 2100 resources in 3 cards. in treaty it obviously would like USA just enable people to send 300 resources all the time, its why the USA is so strong despite not really having any eco cards otherwise. it is too strong for an age 2 card.

10 pirate and 2 privateers is again an age 4 card in age 2.

Pernambuco

without knowing what militia is suppose to be here i cant tell if this is strong or bad, if you mean the units you spawn from the town center then yeah this is pretty meaningless as far as cards go. if its units 20/20 is fairly strong but not necessarily OP.

The Lion of the north is a reference to a swedish king, pleas find a better name rather than ripping off other countries names and ideas. +12 on villagers could be pretty strong, the 15% train speed buff seems kind of meaningless.

already here its clear that there is 1 option above others.

Paraíba

Boring resources are meaningless, could send Rio grande and then 2 other shipments and you are already ahead by 800 res. 1000 resources is too much for age 2.

Espírito Santo

what is Goitaca? i need more context, its just a name.

Jesuits have auras? no stealing from spain pleas.

Rio Grande do Sul

what is a Guachos? what is the lancer? also they are not going to add that name, already telling you that here.

villagers do what now? pretty weak card.

Age 3

Maranhão

sloops and steamers give coin, whats the context here? sounds like there are other faction(s) i could find where this makes more sense.

“recebe 300 de ouro por cada ship.” dont know what that means. do you mean 300 resources per shipment? so now in age 3 you can get 2000 resources for a shipment, or 1300 for an infinite card.

Alagoas

“Quilombolas” who is this? need context.

“Villagers gather from mills and properties 5% faster and ship 500 Coin” this is laughably bad compared to what we have seen before, 5% is BAD, and 500 coin doesnt change that. this is like an age 2 card, but its hard to find a scenario where anyone would send this over 700 coin or 15% gather rate for farms.

Santa Catarina

“Resource shipments’ content +700 and are immediately gathered; Can send resource-only shipments that have already been sent for the second time.” this a repeat of what you said in age 2, and its objectively better than the “Algodão e Cravo” card. like these choices arent balance choices. now you can get 1700 resources from an infinite 300 card, like it doesnt matter if everything else in the civ is trash by this point, it is so beyond balanced.

“Outlaws and Fortress Age mercenaries have their health and attack points increased by 30% and train 40% faster.” stronger than other similar cards, combines essentially german mercenaries and fencing school in 1.

age 4

Minas Gerais

church HP and Xp gather rate seems meaningless.

“Ships 1 Caçador montado for every shipment sent in the game”. i need context. seems fairly bad on the surface for age 4.

São Paulo

“Trade Routes generate +100% resources; Native settlements give a trickle of 1 XP, rade Route upgrades are free” honestly so far this seems like the most balanced and interesting idea.

“Aging up to Imperial Age is free, but both takes 5 times as long.” i feel like in rush this is an obvious choice.

Bahia

“Os orixás protegem seus guerreiros aumentando o hp de todas as unidades em 10%” im not sure what this says, even when i translate it.

“Ship 10 zuavos baianos and enable zuavos baianos.” needs context i think?

Mato Grosso

4 gold wagons is weird, idk if this is strong or weak honestly, compared to previous options its weak.

“The player is considered to be allied with the Goitacá, has access to your units and technology.” havent we seen this before? no repeats.

Age 5

Amazônia

“Native warrior train time and cost -40%, Native warrior train limit +30%.” seems about in line with an age 5 card honestly.

“A steady flow of wood is quite generous.” idk, pretty boring age 5 card i think, either will be meh or OP i think.

Ceará

“Forts spawn units instead of training them. Forts gain +6 range and LOS” we have seen this before with the US, not a super interesting idea.

“INFINITE Ships 3000 coin”, no absolutely not. 4400 gold infinite times is beyond broken. by this point you can never run out of resources.

Rio de Janeiro

cheaper mill tech is generally pretty boring.

+2 ironclads seems OP and unbalancable.

Paraná

10% gather rate is meaningless by imperial age, esp compared to what we have seen before, this is beaten by your age 2 cards in value.

why does brazil get immigration cards? thats a US thing. also super boring.

Sergipe

i think both of these cards are unimaginative.

my opinion

while i do realize you have written more i feel like just going over these comes with a few conclusions.

1. why? nothing i have seen here makes me feel like this is anything new. it feels like a sad attempt at making a faction that is OP

2. some cards are unbelievably OP, and most others very mediocre, there are few unique ideas.

i feel like the ideas need more work.

when i look futher at your units a few seem like they dont need to exist, like there is no reason for 2 musketeers. i also am tired of seeing more super musketeers, neither american or mexican musketeers where anything special and should if anything have been worse than the standard european musketeer. this just seems like more of that.

most of the unit descriptions at large dont tell me what the unit does, just that they exist. a model is nice but meaningless without the context.

also cacadors are in the game, the portugese use them.

1 Like

No puedo dejar de pensar en el trabuco de Pernambuco cada vez que alguien menciona Pernambuco