Brazilian Civilization

I don’t care if it should be an offensive or defensive civ. I just want my Brazil zil zil pa pa pan pa pa pan :musical_note: :brazil:

1 Like

I think this is as good a place as any to drop the thread I made of Brazil. I do like some of your suggestions, but I prefer mine in some areas.
New civilization brainstorming: Brasil - Age of Empires III: DE / III - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum

2 Likes

I appreciate having more people advocating for a Brazilian Civ in AoE3DE, there is always room for new ideas and suggestions, but I can’t not notice how a lot of your proposals are a copy of the pitch I made on this forum over a year ago.
Now, you clearly added your own unique ideas and concepts, which is great, but they are side-by-side with stuff I wrote months ago, without any sort of acknowledgement that they aren’t your original ideas. I don’t mind sharing ideas, but plagiarism is not nice.

PS: I would also like to request to the forums, @EliteRiflemann, to perhaps create a single fixed topic for brazilian concepts and ideas. There is clearly a lot of support for it on this forum, you have my pitch, @YolkyPage166’s proposal and many other contributions from countless people. Perhaps they should all be organized in a single place.

4 Likes

Put a like on this comment if you want what the friend is proposing.

5 Likes

I want Brazil to complete the post-colonial Americas trifecta. My OCD isn’t having just two civs; South America needs representation here. It’s a void I shall not stand for. :slight_smile:

Last year would have been perfect for Brazil for reasons people already are aware of but World’s Edge…well…

3 Likes

Yes, they were able to do it for the bicentennial of Brazil, but they didn’t have time due to the issue of porting AoE 2 and AoE 4 to Xbox Series…

I want Argentina, Brazil and Bolivia, (Gran) Colombia, Chile y Ecuador (rev).
Uruguay, Paraguay, Venezuela (rev)
(Maybe Federal States of) Guatemala and El Salvador
Costa Rica, Haití, (Federal State) Nicaragua
(FS) Honduras and Panamá
Norte América, México and Perú
Cuba y Canadá
because they are sovereign brothers in freedom

Maybe a Santo Domingo rev for Haití

1 Like

todas las posibles carajo…xd

México se independizó en 1821, según wikipedia, así que por lo menos, todos los países independientes hasta ese año. Sé que Chile y Argentina, por lo menos. Perú también al parecer. Colombia el 24 pero también, según wiki, las principales operaciones bélicas estaban finalizadas el 19. Ni idea Paraguay, Uruguay y Bolivia

goitaca eram indígenas canibais que atacavam pequenas cidades no estado

leão do norte e uma referencia a todas as revoltas do estado de Pernambuco onde foi um dos estados que mais tiveram guerras internas e também esta no hino do estado

termo referia-se a escravos africanos e afrodescendentes que fugiram dos engenhos de cana-de-açúcar, fazendas e pequenas propriedades para formar pequenos vilarejos chamados quilombos

orixás são entidades africanas espíritos da natureza

o problema desse post da civilização brasileira e que so brasileiros entendem

4 Likes

Tecnicamente Colombia se independizó en 1830 (aunque ya era independiente desde 1819 como la Gran Colombia).Paraguay se independizó en 1811,Bolivia en 1825 y Uruguay en 1828 tras la Guerra del Brasil…

1 Like

Por eso Gran Colombia en vez de Colombia. Podría ser que en Edad 4, se elija entre Ecuador, Memezuela o Colombia. Y el resto, pueden quedar de revoluciones

Claro,Gran Colombia y de revs tenga Ecuador,Venezuela,Nueva Granada (Colombia se llamó así a partir de 1863) y Panamá (porque fue territorio colombiano hasta 1904)…

1 Like

O problema neste caso é que o criador do post devia ter explicado melhor as suas propostas e que as suas propostas implicariam muitas outras coisas, como a criação de mais civilizações menores como os Goitacases, por exemplo.

1 Like

sim sim faltou informações do que são esses nomes

1 Like

Thanks for the comment, I enjoyed your reviews

i dont see any unique units? kinda necessary for a faction to become a reality.

did you really read?

i feel like the cards you are giving from age ups are really strong, like you are giving what to the US are age 4 cards in age 2. ill go by them by state.

my intention is not the balancing of the cards and yes it gives a basis for how the cards should be balanced and left to the balancing team.

The Lion of the north is a reference to a swedish king, pleas find a better name rather than ripping off other countries names and ideas. +12 on villagers could be pretty strong, the 15% train speed buff seems kind of meaningless.

Man please don’t talk about what you don’t know, lion of the north and a reference to all the revolts in the state of Pernambuco where it was one of the states that had the most internal wars and is also in the state anthem.

what is Goitaca? i need more context, its just a name.

Jesuits have auras? no stealing from spain pleas.

has a description in the parts of units.

and the Jeuites are similar to missionaries, but it is focused on improving native units.

Rio Grande do Sul

what is a Guachos? what is the lancer? also they are not going to add that name, already telling you that here.

villagers do what now? pretty weak card.

if it really launches the brazilian civilization they will study the history of brazil and they will see that these units are very important.

Maranhão

sloops and steamers give coin, whats the context here? sounds like there are other faction(s) i could find where this makes more sense.

Grão-Pará and Maranhão Company

“Quilombolas” who is this? need context.

term referred to African and Afro-descendant slaves who fled from sugar cane mills, farms and small properties to form small villages called quilombos, there are several quilombola reserves in the country.

why does brazil get immigration cards? thats a US thing. also super boring.

immigrants were extremely important for brazil, this has to be represented in the game

1. why? nothing i have seen here makes me feel like this is anything new. it feels like a sad attempt at making a faction that is OP

my focus here is not balance

man I copied his document and changed it to how I would like it to be.

to everyone outside of brazil “the lion of the north” is a reference to Gustav Adolphus, even if they might have been named that locally you cannot use that name. im sure there are some other names it is known for, or simply call it by the province name.

eventually i did, but generally speaking id suggest naming/showing units first, you shouldn’t reference stuff before you introduce it, just a general writing rule.

the problem is the name, it would be considered racist in most of the western world. its unfortunate because i know it does just mean “black” but in the west it has a much worse meaning.

2 Likes

jonasnee4671
you need to chill on your nationalism and accept that to everyone else “the lion of the north” is a reference to the Swedish king. go to “duck duck go” and write “lion of the north” and see what result you get, i guarantee you its not going to be about Brazil.

it reminds me of this other post i saw with some lancers from south America (i think Argentina? or maybe Brazil, i cant remember sorry) running around with what looks like the modern German flag on their lance, now is this historically accurate? sure buts its going to make everyone think this is a German unit if you implement it as such into the game. sometimes you have to accept certain symbols, flags etc. are understood as one context.

guy being my nationalism or not is stupid wants to take something from the history of a country for ignorance and lack of knowledge about the history of the same. If you type Leao do Norte in Portuguese ( Leão do norte) in any search engine, things about Pernambuco will appear, Don’t try to put another country’s story as superior to another that’s stupid.

jonasnee4671
if they have another name they can be put in, its not an argument against having black soldiers, its you not understand the context of the name you choose for them. again even if its historically correct, it causes problems.

also if you really wanna get a historically accurate Brazil, I’m sorry but its going to have to be a real dark look at the country. you are picking and choosing at least as much as i am, but you don’t argue your choices and seem to pretend to be oblivious to the choices you make.

I didn’t choose the names, these are the names

We all Some people already want a Brazilian civ so there’s no need to be so confrontational