Buff Kipchak and Steppe Lancer

I completely agree. Maybe some Central European and South European civs too, like Teutons, Vikings and Sicilians.

So I just stated it.
I stated how Lancers work in AoE3 and I think it is reasonable so I prefer SL having anti-infantry ability to having anti-cavalry ability. That’s it.

Which civilization has Steppe Lancer / Cav Archer I didn’t mention. Goths, Teutons and Italians (rare) has nomadic cavalry which I didn’t mention only as far as I know. Western Europa (Franks, Portuguese, Spanishes, Bohemians, Britons, Celts, Burgundians, Sicilians), African Civs (Malians, Ethiopians, Berbers) and some Asian civs (Burmese, Malay, Dravidians, Bengalis, Khmer, Gurjaras (?)), Meso Civs (Aztecs, Mayans, Incas) doesn’t have Steppe Lancer / Cav Archer. 20/42 of Civs doesn’t have Steppe Lancer / Cav Archer according to my knowledge. It is balanced ratio if they apply this.

Problem will be solved, don’t worry. For instance, my design is worse stats than Knight but it is better at raiding + dealing Spear-line. It isn’t not much different than Knight after all.

I agree.

If you’re going to fight with the cavalry, it would be very sensible to distance yourself. I want it to be anti cavalry because SL has +1 range. Pikeman doesn’t have this feature. Pikeman becomes anti cavalry without +1 range. SL can distance. Why not SL ?

because all cavalry uses lance. Knight and Hussar also has lance. They use lance against infantry especially against Pikeman but lance doesn’t counter sabre in cavalry vs cavalry battle as far as I know but Pikeman and Musketeer (with protection of Pikeman) counter Cavalry.

in the game all cavalry can not use lance :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, unfortunately. As for cavalry countering aspect of lance, I don’t see any historical sources that said cavalry formed Lance wall or another lance oriented technic to counter other type of cavalry units. Mace wielder cavalry is used to counter heavy cavalries due to armor damaging ability like Ottoman Sipahis in this picture. Maybe Devs can make Medium mace cavalry > Heavy Cavalry > Light Cavalry to enable players to counter Cavalries with another cavalry unit. Current Camel and Steppe Lancer cavalry countering ability is inconsistent with history.

1 Like

You win :stuck_out_tongue: