Buff the Lithuanians?

That is also true. I think for Arabia I would prefer Lith and for Arena I would prefer Franks. Franks can play into booming easily. but they can also do a really fast castle drop with the stone discount. For Arabia I prefer Lith because their starting bonus. So maybe this line of reasoning is similar to what others are thinking. Not sure.

Indeed. Problem is when you are an old fart like myself, and forget it even in imp :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t have to tell me that. But i guess this dude is so frustrated about losing his +8 palas. U Could take away all barack, range and blacksmith units and he would be fine with it if he could keep his +8 palas.

1 Like

Honestly +8 paladins weren’t that busted, the win rates were still balanced and Franks were picked even more then Lithuanians.

Yeah you brought that frank argument often enoug already :smiley: I don’t think this change was absolutely necessary as well but unlike 80% of this forum users i don’t think it will make them trash now. I mean why didn’t hera or viper say sth. about it, when it is so wrong?

It is hard to balance fully balance around teamgames anyway. There will be always 1 civ which is slightly better than others. I don’t cry about britons being flank the whole time as well.

1 Like

Even if you don’t have the best palas you still have by far the best knights. So make use of it and try to win in castle age.

1 Like

i think some change was necessary, but i just think nerfing their eco bonus would have helped more.
it makes them less dominant in hybrid maps.
it slows down their insane feudal.
while leaving their late game where it is.

but yeah - either way - one of their two time periods of power has been nerfed so hopefully that will make people happy.

the problem is their early castle age is weak - so you have to go for an extended castle age play for it to work. and it’s gonna take a bit of time to ramp up to that +4 relics anyway.

Depends on the map. On hideout for example you can usually collect them pretty fast and easily.

what? create Light cavalry and then deny all relics.

but even “pretty fast” is still several minutes minimum. the way some of the people complain about them you would think Lithuanians hit castle age with 7 extra villagers a monastery and all 4 relics already in the monastery.

Sure, some light cav and i don’t get any relic…damn

If it is so hard to get relics…why are we crying again? then lithuanians are trash anyway with or without tech?

1 Like

For sure not but u hit castle age earlier than others and u can get at least 1 or 2 relics pretty fast…and that makes ur knights already stronger than enemy knights.

and maybe it is now more the meta in teamgames to go full castle age. How about we just test this all out and rage in 1 or 2 months about how ■■■■ lithuanians are?

because a lot of people don’t care about what you went through to get there, they just care about the end result.
like the guy who complains endlessly about siege onagers but ignores that to get to what he considers OP you have to actually get to imperial age, research onager, siege onager, and then build up a massive army of 30+ siege onagers. which isn’t practical in a standard game. none of that matters at all. what matters to him is that 30+ siege onagers are a dangerous army that can flatten just about anything.

and you’ll notice what i said in the very first reply to the OP.

1 Like

Well this response was more for FurtherLime and every other dude, who makes a Thread about suggested challenges from this patch.

There are always so many things people are crying about which is perfectly fine and eventually the devs give in.

I mean you read 1 day after a patch “how would you buff the Lithuanians” like they are now on the same lvl as burmese before. This civ was considered overall S tier and people now think they are F tier because of that.

Well you do at least a good job in showing these guys how bad the suggestions are most of the time.

I wouldn’t be motivated enough to do this every day.

lithuanians are still one of the strongest civ in the game. what the hell are these suggestions?

2 Likes

Too early to tell how strong they will be post nerf. I think they will be fine but now we have a clear team game pocket favorite in Franks (who is so far ahead of the rest it isn’t funny) and everyone else is scrapping for second place.

I honestly start to think Franks need to lose Chivalry.

First nerf the Franks and then we talk about the Lithuanians

1 Like

they don’t need a buff to offset the nerf.

They were nerfed because they were too much.
Now they’re just fine.

2 Likes

Tbh what I think should be 100% be buffed is their halbs. Probably the way to do it is to make tower shields grant extra armour as well (maybe +2/2 instead of 0/2?)

Why don’t we just delete the Poles civ altogether then?