Buff the Lithuanians?

I saw one game at 1.9K ELO, Lithuanians vs Ethiopians, still stuck at cavaliers and no Leitis…

Leitis is only an option for melee vs melee matchups, so…

3 Likes

If I were to buff Liths I would remove the Fervor tech and give them a civ bonus of Monks move 20% faster.
Makes them slightly faster than generic and that right out of the gate, so they have a slight edge over others to get the relics.

I think that the castle age shouldnt be buffed

1 Like

Yeah I’m not too hellbend on buffing liths, however the change I suggested Idoesn’t really make that much of a gameplay impact and I don’t think it’ll make the civ overpowered, but adds a bit of flavor to strengthen the civs identity.

I think you understimate it honestly. I feel like two bonuses pushing for relics is enough imo

they already have this because their monasteries work faster.

1 Like

And faster spearmen/Skirmisher

3 Likes

what’s the plan?

make every civ as broken as franks/poles/cumans?
endless power creep and buffs?

okay

let’s follow the ‘throw random nonsensical abilities at a dartboard’ design principle to give lithuanians:
gold miners generate food in addition to gold

Well Lithuanians used to compete vs Franks in TGs, Now they are quite weaker in comparison.

I would leave them alone. They are a fun civ to play, and don’t need any changes. If you think they need buffs, just learn the Lithuanian Super-drush and open with that, then just go for archers, scouts, or FC knights/Leitis.

fast castle leitis? since when is that even a thing for lithuanians?

3 Likes

Their “Super drush” isn’t as effective as you all think, otherwise why isn’t the drush seen at the frecuency that you expect, because can left you quite behind.

LOL, the new Arabia doesn’t allow you to FC never, drush FC is right now obsolete, and lol if anything is that bonus that needs rework because is outright OP at hybrid maps, if anything giving them back Blast Furnace.

3 Likes

how is it flexible? all they can do is leitis and skirms, if they cant get 2 relics, they have below average heavy cav, their winged hussar is more expensive but yields a worse result than many FU hussars.

they might not be a weak civ, but they are anything except flexible…

the way you can tell if something is strong, is how often it is seen at high elos… we almost never see it because it is more cheese than effective…

i dont think its a bad idea, but you could rather do it incrementally (like cumans) 15%/20% faster in castle/imperial

especially since they were heavily nerfed if they cant get any relics, they are too RNG dependent already

I’d reduce the food bonus to 100, or have them keep 150, but lose 50 wood.

2 Likes

The castle part is fast. I never said the Leitis bit was. :wink:

it’s kind of implied in the whole “Fast castle” thing. kind of like when you say fast castle double arambai, or fast castle plumes, or etc.

Not if you practice it. It can be effective, although the risk of failure is admittedly quite high.

Ik, but you could also read the Leitis part as a separate thing due to the /

you’re talking the supreme late game here. Lithuanians are a superb early game and late mide game and beyond civ.

1 Like