[Bug] Death sound is missing

Game Version:

• Build (???) - 15th November 2019
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Since full release death sound is missing.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Start any game and kill units. You’ll notice that there’s no death sound
9 Likes

Anyone else noticed that? where is the classic “yiahooo”

2 Likes

Game Version:

• Build (101.101.32875.0 4392666)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

When units die (villagers or military units) there is no sound. This happens with both the player’s units and the AI’s units. The attack sound is played (swords, arrows etc.) but no death sound when a unit dies

Reproduction Steps:

1. Have a unit die and listen for death sound

(ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)

2 Likes

Yes. It also happens to me ;(
Funny thing the only death sound that works for me is when a camel unit dies (mine or AI).

Thing is it NEVER happened to me during the Beta (I had access during October only).
Also I’m sure the very 1st time I launched the game after release I didn’t have that problem. But now I do…

Haven’t tried with camels yet and I also never had this problem during the Beta. A lot of the sound seems to be unbalanced as well, arrows firing, monks converting etc. They seem to be very quiet whereas the unit commands are very loud and clearly audible.

1 Like

This is happening to me too. Every other sound effect seems fine.

This happens to me as well, no death sound for any unit in the game, is kinda frustating not hearing those sounds :c

very same issue, no sound on death

Same for me, seems like cavalry it’s the only unit that make sounds when they die :horse::camel::skull_and_crossbones:

Same issue for me and friend. Most units have no death sound although some do.

This happens with me too. No death sounds. Hope to fix this in a new patch

Note to developers - make sure, that you restore the same gory violent death sounds, that were in game previously. Don’t make the mistake of replacing them with some mild death sounds!
Death in combat is a brutal thing and sound needs to represent that.

Make mild death sounds available with a mod to people who prefer them.

2 Likes

Yep, just like the new sounds of gunpower units

Its a known issue they will fix it in upcoming patch.

But how you know that? Why so sure about it? :thinking:

Its listed in the known bug list from the devs. Go to aoe 2 DE>bugs>known bug list.

2 Likes

And any beta tester can confirm that they were present in beta

thats good to know, it will be fixed onlu we have to wait when it happens, i dont now when the next patch its

Thank you. I didn’t know about that list :sweat_smile:

Hello everyone! This issues should be fixed as of today’s game build (33059). When you are able to download the new build, be sure to do so to enjoy all the restored sound effects!

Thanks for the reports! =)

2 Likes