Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Update 33059

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Update 33059

Welcome to another week of Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition ! Today’s update delivers critical fixes to issues that have prevented people from playing and enjoying the game: including the File Error 12 crash that impacted a subset of players, as well as a Spectator Lobby bug that caused problems when reviewing certain games. We’ve also slipped in a fix for the missing death sound effects for certain units—an issue highlighted by users in the Steam discussions and over on the official forum! Now you can enjoy all the “huuuuugh” and “hyaaaoooo” the game has to offer!

We want to send a HUGE thanks to everyone who has taken the time to share their feedback, issues, and support for the game over the past week! You are the foundation of this project, and we will continue to monitor your wants and needs as we prioritize tasks for the next update and beyond. Likewise, we appreciate your patience as we work through the early launch-day issues!

Read More…

4 Likes

Thanks for the update although I am not seeing a fix mentioned for the a.i not building units when above 200 pop? Is this issue being worked on?

Huray! Tried to spectate 3 matches on different servers and have 100% success rate.

Performance wise pretty much the same, feel a little bit more sluggish but could be because my PC is having multiple apps open now.

However it seems like still not all games are shown up in the spectator tab. For example Nili is streaming 1v1 ranked game right now but I cannot find his game

Map scrolling stuttering/lag was an issue that was fixed for me two days after launch, and since the release of this patch the problem is back. Please take note of this since it may concern alot of people.

Here’s my original thread about this: