Bug: Disconnects & Queue Dodging

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.1156.0 (#66692) 9368025
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

With recent update the game seems to frequently disconnect during the matchmaking for ranked team games. Unfortunately, the mechanism introduced for Queue Dodging will ban the player even if an error message appears. While I totally agree on having to find a solution for queue dodging, it is inacceptable that I repeadetly get banned from playing for 1-2 hours because the game has problems setting up matches.

Error messages appear to be differently from time to time. As it has currently banned me again I cannot provide the last error message. Generally error messages are related to connection or matchmaking issues.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open the game
  2. Go to ranked game, search for game (for me always team game 4v4)
  3. Wait until game is found. Either during the matchmaking (when the team is put together and the map revealed) or on the match countdown an error will appear. (might happen more or less frequently depending on what else in the game or on the servers is not working)
  4. Congratulations! You are now banned for XX minutes

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

1. There should not be a penalty when game errors occur. The game keeps running and does not crash so it is clear that it is not the Alt+F4 trick. A possible solution might be to restrict penalties only if the game really disconnects from the internet (i.e.: when one has to press the “reconnect multiplayer” button on the main menu). The game seems to be too unstable to have such strict penalties during normal gameplay.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

No relevant screenshots available.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Issue affects the matchmaking pre-game thus no relevant game files available.

4 Likes

We are already tracking this issue. Thanks for the report :slight_smile:

I have the same problem and I keep getting banned due to the instability of the matchmaking system. This prevents us to play online. I flagged this issue 10 months ago (Queue Dodging Timeout Feedback - #486 by Xeeynamo) and it has not been fixed.

2 Likes

It keeps happening: Developers ruined AOE2:DE multiplayer - YouTube

3 Likes

It just happened to me too. Not sure is exactly the same issue but I received error shortly after starting the game saying the game went out of sync, then bam, banned from matchmaking for 1h…

2 Likes

Got banned again for 19 hours. Log attached:

2022.10.03-21.31.44.txt (19.4 KB)

Devs, please acknowledge you’re reading the thread.

2 Likes

Just had 4 crashes within 20 seconds of the game starting. Followed by 2 crashes in the loading screen. 6 games in a row hard crashing. Haven’t managed to play one since the problem occurred

A player got really angry at me the game prior to this happening. Has a hacker messed with my account?

1 Like

any way for us not getting banned for this? team games are impossible to play right now…

SAME PROBLEM HERE
ITS REALLY ANOYING, YOU CANT NEVER TELL WHEN ITS GONNA POP THIS MESSAGE
AND THE WORST PART ITS THE BANNED, SERIOUS ?

R

Glad I found this thread. This is getting more interesting.
So the other day I was queuing up, dodged 2 times, the very next match kept at loading icon and wouldn’t start. I had no choice but to Alt+F4, then was banned for 10 mins. OK this I understood.
The forth match in which I played respectively towards the end. And when I queued for the fifth match, it said I was banned for 30 mins. I mean the hell devs? How was that even possible? I don’t have guts to play another match, for if it stacks up I’ll may be banned forever. :joy: