[BUG] Game freezes upon packing TownCenter on Arabia in BattleRoyale Multiplayer match

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 42848.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Game freezes upon packing TownCenter on Arabia in BattleRoyale Multiplayer match.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Multiplayer->Host Game
  2. 8 Players (fill slots with AI), Map Arabia, Game Mode Battle Royale
  3. Find safe spot, unpack TownCenter.
  4. When the TownCenter is finished unpacking, select it and click the button in the commandpanel which looks like it’s supposed to pack it again (the tooltip however says something about additional Dock Items).
  5. The game is now frozen and unresponsive to any input.
1 Like

Battle royal has a packing/unpacking TC? I’ve only played 4 games but I’ve entirely missed this, is it only on specific maps or settings?

Well I am presuming that it’s not really supposed to be played on Arabia but it’s still possible to launch a game on it and then if you do the steps described, you encounter a game freeze.

Yes, technically it’s possible to play Battle Royale on Arabia, and the mechanics are a bit different. You start with villagers and a “packed TC” (ox wagon), can make buildings and gather resources. But it’s full of bugs. I think Battle Royale has not been tested properly on standard maps.

• The unpack TC button looks like a trebuchet.
  • The TC has a strange “more dock items” button. After clicking it, the TC cannot be selected anymore, although it remains visible.
  • The game crashes after some time (in my first attempt to play BR on Arabia).

I think they have to remove the feature or test it properly. It almost looks like they gave up on the idea to support BR on standard maps and forgot to remove the feature.

Packed TC is also bugged in Empire Wars Mode on Nile Delta. I made a post here. I’ll edit my post to link to yours as well; I suspect they’re related.

no, it is not related. packed tc has been around since forever as an extra features for the nomad civs like mongols/cumans etc. and you could always drop off at unfinished unpacked TC since aoc days.

this freeze thing is new. also tc pack does not freeze for me, instead it doesnt transform back into packed TC at all and it jsut stays as a messed up TC and i can select annex hitbox lmao.

@GMEvangelos this update really broke a lot of thing, pls take this away.

Got it; thanks. I don’t know the details of the intended usage of the packed TC; I remember it from some of the nomadic civs’ campaigns, too.

I reported the other bug because these behaviors just seemed strange to me – a normal TC cannot be built on certain terrains, and normally when trebuchets are unpacking and when buildings foundations are being built, nobody else can walk over these tiles (or drop off resources), but it looks like packed TCs ignore all these rules.

Re: this bug: After following steps 1-4, the game is not frozen for me; however, the town center itself is buggy – the image of the old town center is there, but I cannot do anything with it other than select it. All other units respond to input.

Another bug: the original packed TC cannot convert sheep using its vision; only the villagers could.

I’ve uploaded my repro replay here, in case the devs want to see a replay of this bug. Notice I walked through the unconverted sheep in the beginning. After the TC is unpacked, about a minute later, I tried packing it again, as per the repro steps. It became unresponsive after that.

Note that this is on MS Windows 10, Steam.

1 Like

Thank you for the information! I can confirm that this issue is being tracked for investigation! :+1:

3 Likes