Villagers can drop off resources at an unfinished unpacking Town Center [Empire Wars] [Nile Delta]

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 101.101.42848.0 5818516
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

I was testing the Empire Wars game mode with the Nile Delta in single player skirmish. I clicked the cart, and started unpacking the town center. During the unpacking, villagers can drop off resources into the town center even if it’s not finished. Furthermore, the unpacking town center can cover trees and other resources during the unpacking, and when finished, the trees are in the same tiles as the town center.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to Single Player > Skirmish. Choose Empire Wars for Game Mode. For Location, choose “Nile Delta”
  2. In the game I played, I also used 8 players, the default settings, and Large map. See the screenshot below for the settings.
  3. At the starting location, click on the “Town Center (packed)” unit, and click “Unpack”. Notice that even if there are trees here, the foundation will simply overlap the trees.
  4. Select villagers. When you hover over the town center, notice the cursor will change to a resource drop off button.
  5. Right click the town center. You’ll see that the resources are dropped off, even if it’s not finished unpacking. Villagers actually automatically drop off their resources there.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

Note: this bug also reproduces in Random Map Mode with Empire Wars as a secondary mode.

Edit: it seems there are other Packed TC bugs in Arabia in Battle Royale as well: [BUG] Game freezes upon packing TownCenter on Arabia in BattleRoyale Multiplayer match

2 Likes

Unpacking Town Centers cowers some of area of a square. You can’t build any buildings freely (like farms) and it can be unpacked over everything, not just trees. It needs to be like in Age of Empires 3, when I click unpack button it needs to ask location to build. I noticed it on Scenario Editor and it’s easy to reproduce (generate random map put 20 Town Center Carts and give a lot of wood to yourself try to build farms or other buildings near of Town Centers built from Town Center Carts).
I tested this unit before the last patch. I don’t know maybe some of it’s bugs fixed.

1 Like

Thank you for the report! I can confirm that both issues are being tracked for investigation! :+1: