[BUG] Random disconnecting < 10 minutes from match start (logs included)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 40874 (enhanced network logging)
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Game disconnects from server < 10 minutes from start and dont reconnect, but from my perspective the network is working. I can browse webpages, check connection by running cmd with: “ping google.com -t” and leaving in for couple of minutes, and all seems fine, but game will not reconnect to server.

Very rarely my ping is “spiking” (jumping from normal to very high ex. from 70-90 up to 200 - 300 for very short period of time usually 1-2 seconds) but aoe is handling that preatty well, in opposition to online fps games. So it’s even more odd then issue desdibed above seems to happen without any (noticable) ping jump or any other (noticable) network connection problem.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Queue in matchmaking.
  2. Start playing game and wait 10 minutes.
    2a. If connection to server is working you are fine.
    2b. If you see message “Lost connection to server” and you do alt + tab and try to load any webpage / use cmd and ping command and all is working fine then you will be dropped.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

I’ll try to provide more logs when game will fail again.

1 Like