- BUILD #: 43210.0
- PLATFORM: Steam
- OS: Windows 10
I am trying to remove the hero glow from the Jarl and Vasco de Gama units for a scenario in which non-traditional units may be produced at regular buildings for certain players. However, these units are not meant to portray special units or regenerate health, so I would like to remove their glow. Modifying their Hero Status attribute by setting it to zero only prevents them from regenerating health (and I presume makes them convertible by monks, though I have not tested this) but does not remove the glow around the unit.
Note: This is a longstanding bug that has been present on previous builds of the game. While the instructions below describe the process for turning a hero unit into a non-hero unit, I have also tested the converse, turning a Heavy Pikeman into a hero. This results in a non-glowing unit that regenerates and presumably (untested) is not convertible.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
- 100% of the time I test my scenario (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Place a hero unit with glow effect (not the hunting wolf), I used the Jarl.
- Create new trigger, leave default settings, activates upon start of game.
- Create new effect, modify attribute, choose hero list, choose hero (Jarl), set option, value equal to zero.
- Test Scenario/Run in Single player.
- Observe hero unit.