Buildings those generate resources completely destroyed the game balance (especially team game)

You still don’t get my point…
Is their advantage cost too little.

Your example I already talked about…
Otto free vils but very slow, we won’t let it has the same training time as general.
Indian free vils from shipment because they cost wood.
Russia has faster unit training because their quality are low.
Etc…

Inca house cost 125w providing 12 pop means only 5w for 0.5/s food. Even British needs 35 wood for extra vil.
And Inca house don’t afraid raiding, can keep generating resources until it get destroyed, something what I mentioned many times already.
And this situation can apply to other same function civs.
Important that they are house, you have to build that, not even like Dutch bank is so expensive and additional building.

And why I am telling you this history from original aoe 1.07 about German.
Is because their free uhlans are too op. Age 2 send 3 vil wagons = 6 vils still get extra 2 uhlans (example).
So they got nerfed for slower shipment and we keep its specific bonus and make it balance.

Now every new civs, seems just giving their house auto generating resources. Similar to Dutch, and Japanese (which Japanese is I consider most unfair in these civs).
This bonus no creative, unfair to other civs and hard to balance.

First of all u don’t know russian eco bonus ? They have cheaper and faster train villagers , that’s their eco bonus . With no extra cost , actually at lower cost . I guess u didn’t know that , and many other eco bonus that u don’t know

Port has free tc , with free faster hunt for No extra cost .

India has wood chopping bonus with no extra cost .

Dutch has gold mining bonus with no extra cost

And u purposefully didn’t mention cheap shirne after the card and port consolate (which give fishing boats and crosbows and cheaper age up ). That genrate resources for free at lower cost .

Spanish boost ??? That has no extra cost as well

Brit got 1vill , that 1 resources per sec for 35, wood . Come on man how this is not the most broken advantage for very little extra cost ?

Anyways we can argue on a lots of things what is more advantageous but

U don’t get the point , if a civ is worse without a advantage that cost little , then that civ should have it .

Inca has worst units in game , they are just fragile speed units , Inca need eco boost to spam weak units else they can’t handle equal size army .

Of Inca fail in fast rush , they have no comeback . They need that eco bonus , I don’t know why even people crying over it ???

Funny, I am being a Russia player since this game released from the beginning, and you telling me I don’t know Russia well, may be you still not understand what I talk about.

You didn’t say that Russia units quality are lower than general, why? I mentioned to you many times, you didn’t get that? Why do you always ignore these bonus cost you can’t answer?

Port doesn’t have vils card… this is their cost for free TC, why Port didn’t have hunt bonus and now DE dev give them? Because other civs became OP after DE? or any other reason? so lets make all the civs crazy?
India vils cost wood… this is their cost for chopping bonus.
Same as Dutch because their vils cost gold.

I am already saying Japanese are OP and you seems agree with this, right? What I understand from this sentence yes.

Why can’t you tell me how about let Russia units have the same quality as European and Otto vils training time set the same? What is Russia rate you consider, OP or UP?

This one I don’t quite understand what you are talking.

Do you know that Inca is the most difficult to be rushed?
They can boost Inca on another side, not this unfair stuff.

The vils no need to go out for gathering resource? what is this point.
Do you know everytime other civs vils are outside when they face raid, they lost a lot.
100F + TC training time + resource will be interrupted, only 150 hp.
OP houses 100~200w, no need to control the vils avoid enemy, no need queue training time, can be a defense building near TC, resource keep generating even being attacked, >1k hp.

Russian units are not weak on base stat , they just get palenty in exploration age , but each card and tech boast them equally as other European civ . And every civ is balanced by giving them weakness one way or another , so ??? We were discussing advantages of civ , becoz u have problems with advantages of civs .

I don’t know why u can’t understand ?? Inca has same balancing as russian , op economy with weak civ and hard to be rushed . That’s how u balance a civ , they both are good ar rushing , but if enemy can defend their rush , they just lose in mid to late game .

So if u are designing a civ that lose mid to late game , then that civ must have eco bonus so they can themselves rush other civ hard and somewhat protection from rush . It’s fair .

Russia is a balanced civ , and Inca used be op due to super fast rush , not their rush has been nerfed , they are balanced , u can’t do super hard rush now , and if u goes mid to late game , u lose as inca . It’s what is called balance .

What’s the point of making every civ equally powerful at all points ??

I mentioned many times and you choose to ignore those points, which if the civs are designed to be late strong civ. They will not have this op bonus, French/Port, etc. Their vils need to go out, they need to defend some resources area, and when they saw enemy they don’t have anymore resources coming. Do you understand this so simple difference or not.
And these civs can’t boom quickly as Japan, etc. Because they can only rely on training vils in TC and this need time queuing. Not boom as long as they have resources.

And dev. keep this non creative stuff is not a specific bonus and unfair to other civs and also become imbalance.

only u noob
this is noobs opinion

How is this unfair ??? When the civ win rate is arround 50% ??? It’s absolutely not . If these civs have fair early eco bonus then other civ , but other civ have fair military bonus . So game is balance

Can’t solve the points can only say other is noob.

Sorry you even not worth to talk anymore.

Are you top ranker 1? if not, I can’t see any point that you can say that. You shouldn’t participate any balance due to you are noob facing top ranker. LOL

you mention win rate again and I told you many times already…
Why can’t you face my points.

Actually there is no point in thread , some civ have early eco bonus with weak army , other have weak eco bunus but stronger army . And if that civ don’t win more than 50% on ranked ladder , then game is balanced . And balance is all that matter .

Japanese army weak or not? Dutch army weak or not? Sweden army weak or not?

Do japan has economical advantage or disadvantage ? They can’t herd , they food eco is mediocore from berry which is the most important thing to mass army in age2 and they can’t rush . It’s hard to mass enough army to rush with them.

Dutch army is weak in age2 . Any musk-husser combo can beat skirmishers-pike army in age 2 . Dutch is not too tier civ . Actually dutch army is weak as such . They don’t have any great unit , just mediocore units . Ryters are one of the worst goon , that cost too much gold and very low hp and range resistance.

Swedon can’t rush , they easily eco boost is not good without two cards . They are not good civ to mass early and rush .

All 3 example u gave are not early game civ , they are mid-late game civ , these civs die to rush .

1st of all i always believed no game can be 100% balance. 2nd, sometimes i believed that the dev (for any game in general) prefer to ignore a bit of unbalancing for the sake of cool features, awesome experience, history, immersion, and etc.
As for AOE3DE, yes there are unbalance issues but not too much, imo. Because 1 of the big element in AOE3 is the counter/counter-attack. and with this feature, one can be powerful but have other weakness.
So , like japan their house can generate resource, but their settlers are normal, and cannot hunt. Other civs that dont hv gen-house, they got other bonuses like better settlers (German & French), n then like lakota they dont rely heavily on woods which makes them able to age-up faster and even rush faster.
Lakota seems lacking in eco and therefore seems like weaker civ…well actually far from it. Lakota got many bonuses, cool tactics and can be unpredictable. Like the ottoman, Lakota can win the game early even at age 2.
Their settlers can focus purely on food and coin to age up n to train cavs. and their food/s can be really fast due to their bonuses from the cards (hunt bonuses), which i believed known by most that played lakota.
Also u must know that every civ have different strenght & weakness in diffrent age.
Japan is powerful, but that also means expensive. their samurai even use 2pops. late game they can be overwhelming, and thats the thing, u know/knew they got more strength in late, so why not rush or harass them early?yes they can manor everywhere but it still need woods, so kill the settlers early then. even tho japan is solid as a whole, they canNot rush as fast as others. ottoman (that doesnt hv gen-house) can age 3 in 7-8 min, heck even 5-6 min by expert players. by the time u got that 2 cannons, those musks are just insects.
Inca can be annoying age 2 but age 3 they r not so much, u just need to know to counter them, they major in infantries, although very fast, they can be countered by most other infantries.
BUT, looking at the 5 points and additional others, those can be strongly felt if u play till late age, maybe like 30-50min treaty games or just long game in general. but then, again, it will come down to other things too, like ur card selection, army type, unique-bonuses/abilities and etc.
So I completely disagree with the title saying gen-house/building COMPLETELY destroyed balance, coz it is not, and it wont. But dont get me wrong, i did say in 1st point, it can be unbalance, but not to the point it destroy the balance.

1 Like

I am glad that finally have a person understand what I am talking, although you disagree.

However, sure I know what is the way when facing these civ and what is their weak point (especially so many guys mentioned), as I mentioned in title, especially in team game, it is not possible for anyone to lead the game rush or not every time, (map size are bigger and your teammate are not good at rush or not rush civ). This becomes a chance for these civs to boom very quickly compared to other civs and not easy to control.

and last I totally agree one civ should have some specific stuff but this I still consider (or I change) is very bad design to RTS game.

Following what I said, this topic has shown why most of people consider these civs are OP.

May be they are well in 1V1, but not in team game.

True, they need fix these torps and inca houses,tc build either

Hey guy, are you in the video?

Can you see the tier for team game?

Yup, can you see Japan reach 160 house pop in 6~7 mins?
even French has rushed them and not still success to destroy the shrine, like you guys always mention “SO EASY, JUST SEND SOME PIKES THEY WILL DOWN”.
I don’t know why you guys are always assuming your opponent will just wait for you to destroy their buildings. Will you put the vils in the middle of map? without protection?
Other civs requires GOD skill and not allowed any mistake to face Japan with only easy turtle at home and boom?

Do you understand what is the eco difference for these booming from normal training vils?

Can’t beat, then just join, so now whole server are full of Japan, Sweden, etc…

This game became just destroy these building to win the game.