'Bulwarks of Christendom' DLC Suggestion

Exactly. But the civs I posted are both unique and have a lot of history

4 Likes

not unique from a design perspective. you literally stole other civs bonuses and tweaked them for a little bit.
and one of them has the potential to be straight busted.

you mean like 1 nation to represent India, or 1 nation to represent China, or 1 nation to represent all the Saracens?

2 Likes

If you want absolutely unique and different bonuses for every single civ, you end up with ■■■■ like Burgundians and Sicilians.

Heaps of civs have similar but never exact bonuses, Bohemians would be no different

3 Likes

no, thats what happens when the devs try to hype up new civs before they launch.
look at Lithuanians and Cumans, new civs who are unique.

similar bonuses but not all of the bonuses are similar, you literally just stole almost every bonus you gave your civs from 1 or more.

1 Like

Slavs are much vastly different from each other, indians and Chinese not so much. I do believe Saracens should’ve been separated into two groups though.

2 Likes

Give me some bonuses that apply to Bohemia aš the greatest European user of gunpowder (Turks are not European).

1 Like

No? Aboriginals are not relevant to this time period

i agree, with this approach, you can get to the wild tribes in australia. at the same time
the options we offer are good.

I was joking

Well I’m sorry to say but any addition of Poland to the game will remove the cavalry crown from the Franks.

3 Likes

well first of all you don’t want to put all your eggs in one basket. your bohemians would be dead before they could do anything because other civs can apply better pressure or out boom them. find something to give them a bit of early game love, and tone down there late game some.

that doesn’t mean you triple down on it. faster created, cheaper, more health, and having a better eco then the Franks on top of that? good luck getting that civ through.
you also still haven’t told us what crush armor is. or what the stats on your UU is.

2 Likes

I don’t think there are any eco bonuses I can say without ‘stealing’ from someone else haha. Did you complain about my unique techs? I don’t remember.

Well, I would need to find another cool Polish thing for another tech.

Like mangonel shots.
I don’t know what sort of stats it will have, I’m ill knowledged in that field

there are siege and field artillery the emphasis of bohemia is on the field as i assume

that’s why you focus elsewhere for the uniqueness. but frankly, they were known for their early industrialization - give them a bonus aimed towards mining, like miners work 10% faster. you’d also need something to help get them through the early game, some sort of military bonus.

so they have trample damage? aoe damage? on a unit with high melee and pierce armor? what exactly is the weakness of the unit?
either way - people already QQ about frank Paladins as is, and you’re giving this civ a better eco then them, their knights more health, and making them cheaper to boot. it would literally never go live without massive nerfs.

and yet this is a game more focused on the MEDIEVAL side of the game, and less on the gunpowder side. yeah there is gunpowder civs but even those only use gunpowder to augment their playstyle.

1 Like

1400s is medieval lol (I’ll reply to the rest of your stuff later).

1400s is LATE in the AoE2 timeline, and your focus on only the castle/imp would absolutely kill the civ competitively.

1 Like

Instead of fortification hp, does Miners +10% gather rate satisfy you?

University bonus can be swapped for something else too

it gives them an economic bonus, but it doesn’t do much for their early game at all. they still lack anything to help them survive the early stages of the game.

The 16th century is a blurred end

yes but the point is his civ has NOTHING going for it until Imperial age basically. it would die in any competitive match.

1 Like