Burgundians Hand Canoneer and Bombard Cannon +125 attack damage

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.45185.0 6215101
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Since the hotfix that happened an hour or two ago, burgundian Hand Cannoneers and Bombard Cannons have +125 attack damage. (similar to byzantine fire ship issue)

How does this happen??? This is completely unacceptable. Why do you not playtest the patches you release…

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a game, select Burgundians
  2. advance to imperial age, research Chemistry
  3. create hand cannoneer and/or bombard cannon
  4. description says +125 attack
  5. try attacking an enemy unit or building, you deal so much dmg you kill them almost instantly

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

You shouldn’t have +125 attack on hand cannoneers or bombard cannons

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

11 Likes

Nice!!
Let’s add another broken thing 11
Is this a circus or what 11

THIS

7 Likes

Since this is affecting both Byz fire ships and Burgundian gunpowder units, it might be affecting more things, anything with a % damage or attack speed boost?

Tatar hill attack bonus and Japanese infantry / Ethiopian archers are all I can come up with off the top of my head, I can’t really play the game properly to check myself at the moment

I tested as many things as I could, nothing else seems affected, stuff like Spanish gunpowder or Burmese infantry all are fine.

1 Like

Bulgarian Cavalry is fine?
Could be a disaster if is bugged

Didn’t test but Japanese infantry is spared so ig those are untouched too.

1 Like

tested tatar hill bonus and seems to work correctly. Stirrups also works normally. i also tested most of the other attack speed bonuses

3 Likes

I mean I guess there is a positive to getting constant crashes, I never got to enjoy getting flattened by Lithuanian jedi knights and probably won’t get to experience being flattened by Burgundian nuclear hand cannons

3 Likes

Speaking of which, Lith aren’t bugged again.

Byzantine Fire Galleys also have +99 attack.

6 Likes

Thanks all! Discussions are happening now about how to get a quick fix into the game.

4 Likes

this was mentioned by the OP tho

Hotfix 45340

We’ve issued a new Steam build for Age of Empires II: DE to fix issues the community have reported. The build for Windows Store will follow. Until then, crossplay will be temporarily unavailable. We’ll update when the second build is available.

If you have an issue, please head to support.ageofempires.com.

13 Likes

Well that was quick. Thank you.

3 Likes

when comes the microsoft update? The Steam update is now more then 14 hours available

An updated Microsoft Store build for Age of Empires II: DE is now available and Crossplay has resumed. Thank you for your patience, and if you have an issue, please head to support.ageofempires.com.

4 Likes

Sure appreciate you guys. I really just thought the mega hand cannon stuff was kinda funny, but I don’t play ranked that often.

1 Like