Can I call this corruption? Genesis tournament and interests

Well now that you also acknowledge this is not fair and it may also hurt your reputation, you need to take some action. Either ban people who have received earlier access from MS or cancel it altogether.
Thereā€™s no need to investigate who has access of the game right now, just put down a rule and if they do participate people will immediately know if they had early access or not. Iā€™m sure though they wouldnā€™t risk it and they wont participate anymore.

As it stands right now, this tourney will bring mostly hate and divide the community since it doesnā€™t have credibility anymore. So itā€™s lose lose scenario at the moment both for participators and viewers. Just imagine the chat section of twitch during tourney, it will be extremely toxic. Bad advertisement for AoE.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad that you think I can cancel a 20k tournament. But I canā€™t. And I wouldnā€™t either.
And by the way, I donā€™t know who made you believe you are entitled to tell me what i must do, but you are certainly not.

If Iā€™m taking advice from anyone, it will be not from the guy who accused me of corruption without even knowing my name or what a tournament admin does

10 Likes

Well, good luck with the tourney then, looking forward to the trainwreck. NOT

Just to make it clear because I see there is a lot of confusion, I did NOT accuse you specifically of corruption. Please read the original post again.

If thereā€™s anything I expected it is this. Most likely they believe that because you were critical of the game, you donā€™t deserve it. Despite your critical angle has been more suggestions on how to improve and theyā€™ve been polite, and youā€™ve added so many high quality videos hyping the game and explaining how people can enjoy this game.

Tbh this is how I judge people on the higher ups about how much they are about what the community says. I honestly couldnā€™t care about who gets an advantage over what Iā€™m the tournament, but this ā€œselectionā€ of content creators really puts me off.

2 Likes

Wishing bad luck and failure to someone just because you disagree with his vision speaks a lot louder about you than it does about the people youā€™re wishing on.

12 Likes

Bro if you had a discussion about this thatā€™s fine but throwing shade at everything is not fine

These forums are for discussing and not just a platform for insutls

3 Likes

This guy makes drama out of nothing. Then donā€™t watch the tournament if u think itā€™s unfair. who cares about your opinion. There is still time for pro players to grind the game after release and believe me there will be Starcraft 2 players who come and will grind and show the power of Starcraft mechanics in that tournament.

7 Likes

In all honesty, letā€™s not spark such a negative discussion about the fact that a handful of early access players are currently playing in the game. AOE4 will finally be out in a few days. I am really happy. Even if I was a little sad yesterday, the fact will push me even more to put a few percentage points on top. Finally the game comes, a huge tournament is started right away. A lot of people try everything to immediately bring the game to life. Letā€™s look forward to it and no later than October 28th. finally go to the battlefield!

3 Likes

I honestly dont know what to say, but I really wish the game developers can make this precious beta chance like what they did for the first beta in Aug, sth like a draw. At least from that stand point lot of people will feel better, at least it is sort of ā€œfairā€ for everyone, since we all at least have a ā€œhopeā€ for a ā€œchanceā€.

Itā€™s always toxic buddy, were you even watching Wololo 5?

Is there a list of people who supposedly have it?

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m being naive butā€¦ is it impossible to officially acknowledge, approve, and explain this limited early access? At least it may remove some misguided disdain towards the (suspected) participants. It wonā€™t be pretty for someone responsible, but probably saves the relation with the community in the long run.

2 Likes

The early access for certain divinely chosen individuals backfired heavily in Path of Exile. Different kind of game though and definitely different level of communication with the community. I expect the say as little as possible policy will continue to be followed.

2 Likes

dIViNlY ChOSen

Advertisers have been given early access to products since the birth of advertising. Why canā€™t you people just be happy for them since some of them also happen to be fans of the game? It doesnā€™t affect you in any way (other than make you irrationally angry).

The developers and or independent tournament organizers shouldnā€™t be punished just because some people refuse to behave like adults.

6 Likes

I am very happy that the tournament is happening, that the game is receiving attention and support. I have no issues here.

I was just playing with words. I would also like early access but understand that the game benefits greatly from others having it.

1 Like

I understand itā€™s been acknowledged and is publicly known to exist. But I havenā€™t traced it back far enough to know who said what. So Iā€™m not able to amplify. But it sure makes sense to me. This franchise is amazing and I canā€™t wait to see AoE4 launch. The release will be amazing.

I donā€™t have access, by the way. But my buddies do.

1 Like

i did not see the tournament and assume everyone would be on even footing

that seems like a false expectation created by you, not by the tournament organizer

1 Like

This dude actually thought he could beat Starcraft and Aoe pros. :joy:
Simply by skill gap it isnā€™t going to be ā€œfairā€ for him.

Sorry, are you saying I created a false expectation of something? I have nothing to do with the tournament, though I am very much looking forward to it.