Can we please get an expansion pack?

Like The Conquerors. I want 5 or more civs, # or more NEW campaigns, new world maps, a ton of scenario assets (like a bridge ships can under, drawbridge). I am tired of seeing the dlcs getting smaller and having less value.

24 Likes

Kinda sad that Last Khans was the last expansion in that regard that added a new architecture set, a new game mode (Empire Wars), real world maps.

14 Likes

Considering we were just lied to about “campaign” do you really want open pandora’s semantic box in regards to “expansion” vs “dlc”.

5 Likes

I don’t know, I’d rather have smaller DLCs that are cheaper, that way you can pick and choose what you want and what you don’t want or want to wait for a sale for

2 Likes

If I ever finish my sketches for a new Caucasian/Black Sea architecture set, I hope that the devs will consider making it a reality.

7 Likes

I just want something that is less lacking than this dlc. I imagine that they were testing the water to see this will bite and be sufficient. I hope they don’t get much out of this bait and switch. A campaign dlc would’ve been fine had it been an actual campaign rather than a string of already made scenarios. The only polishes is adding the sense of pride and accomplishment aka achievements. Again I was like okay when it came to the RoR but this was doing too much ironically.

1 Like

I agree, would rather see one big expansion per year then 2 smaller DLC.
But I am afraid that it wouldn’t make sense financially. The expansion would have to cost twice as much as a DLC and that would be more then the base game.

Maybe make one 1 civilisation mini DLC with no campaigns or a campaign only DLC and then one bigger 3 civilisation DLC with campaigns every year.

3 Likes

We need a proper civilisationx2 or x3 DLC to revive the expansion scene and get community excited again.

2 Likes

And new animals lol, as well new music.

4 Likes

One time someone was proposing a cahokia civ, and yes I know some people think the idea of a North American AoE2 civ is absolute cringe, and I’m definitely not disagreeing with them (tho I am biased as I live not terribly far away from the cahokia mounds and have seen them and how massive they are), but the concept included adding bison and it was at that moment I discovered how pro-bison I was. That sounded soooooo cool.

2 Likes

No we can’t get that. They’ve realized we are buying DLC-s that are 1/3 of the content of that. They would sell such DLC for 40 dollars.

2 Likes

Bison also exist in Europe. Add seals, polar bears, tapirs and yaks, not to mention hippos and giraffes.

5 Likes

I miss the feeling of absolute awe like a good no way not this are you f’n kidding me. New animals, new music, new world maps, maybe new buildings (at least for scenario editor). I hate repeating myself especially into this void lol but it would be nice if they added monuments like St. Mark’s Basilica so we can have the Venetians without adding them or the Thai temples if they aren’t going to add Thais. A bridge that boats can go under would be so sick as well a pub to give more life to our scenarios. How funny would it be to have a town drunk and crier.

2 Likes

I still like the DLCs but you’re right about expansions. However, the devs seem to need about 25 euros per year to keep the game going. Would we be willing to pay that much or more for an expansion?

Anyhow here are some ideas for expansions:

European Expansion

• Serbs
  • Croats
  • Catalans
  • Romanians
  • Papal States?
  • Campaigns: Serbian Empire, Byzantine campaign, Catalan campaign.
  • New architecture: Byzantine architecture set for Serbs, Byzantines, Georgians, Armenians, Bulgarians.

Asian Expansion

• Jurchen
  • Tibetans
  • Afghans
  • Thai
  • Khitans?
  • Campaigns: Jin dynasty, Tibetan Empire, Chinese Campaign
  • New Architecture Set: Nomadic civs set or Tibetan set

African Expansion

• Benin
  • Kanembu-Bornu
  • Congo
  • Songhai
  • Somalis or Nubians?
  • Campaigns: Songhay, Congo campaign, Benin
  • New Architecture Set: Benin architecture

Americas Expansion

• Iroquois
  • Zapotecs
  • Mapuche
  • Aymara
  • Chimus
  • Campaigns: Mapuche, Chimus, Zapotecs
  • New Architecture Set: Southern America Set
2 Likes

Hyaenas pandas rabbits peacocks reindeer cats dogs and a chicken to fill up the list.

2 Likes

Well, instead we get smaller DLCs which are more expensive. Look at DoI compared to V&V, I know inflation happened in the meantime but this is getting ridiculous.

2 Likes

Price doesn’t scale linearly with content.
The AoE4 DLC was 6 new civilisations (variants are more unique then any AoE2 civilisation) for 15$.
AoE3DE had 5$ one civilian DLC with nothing else and 10$ DLC with 2 civilians on top of a lot of new minor civilisations, maps, mercenaries, bandits and single player missions.

Something with a high value but low price will sell more and therefore make more money as something that offers less for the same money.
The campaign DLC will sell a lot less then the previous ones but for those people that only want single player content it might be worth it.

simply just don’t buy it.
I didn’t buy the icons or soundtrack either because I don’t care about that stuff.

What are you asking, 30minute old account?

Size does matter. 6 civ expansion does not equal to 3x2 civ DLC both in content and price.

If they were to work on a larger expansion they may have the motivation to also implement other things like new architecture sets, etc.
But if they keep making smaller DLCs then that would not happen even if the same amount of time is taken.

2 Likes

If we ask for an expansion, we might get at least 2 civs. The next dlc they might drop one big scenario for 20 dollars or maybe even icons for 10 dollars. We can’t let them get away with selling less for more. There is nothing wrong with selling the campaign dlc but don’t sell it for more than it is worth and don’t false advertise it. I love this game so much that I am not paying attention to AoE1, 3 or 4.

2 Likes