Cannot browse mods on the website

I try to enter Mods All – Age of Empires but get redirected to Age of Empires after successful login.

What’s wrong?

I also needed to update my mod via the website, but whenever I login I go to the main page. The developers sent a message (on the 14th of May) saying that they are going to do a maintenance on the server, but in the message it says that they only start on the 17th of May. They probably started earlier; then we have to wait.

1 Like

WHAT: Server Maintenance (Matchmaking Servers)
WHEN: Monday, May 17th @ 2:00p PT / 5:00p ET / 21:00 UTC (Countdown)
EST. DOWNTIME: 1-2 HOURS

GAMES & PLATFORMS IMPACTED

OBJECTIVES

• Routine server updates and maintenance.

DETAILS

This coming Monday, May 17th , the platform team will be taking the multiplayer servers down for regular maintenance. Please note:

• Ranked matchmaking will disabled exactly one hour before the maintenance window to prevent disruption to newly-formed matches.

• Any matches still in progress at the start of the maintenance window will be disrupted when it begins.

• DURING THE MAINTENANCE WINDOW, YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO LAUNCH THE GAME, BUT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MATCHMAKE OR ACCESS ANY ONLINE FEATURES.

To prevent any interruptions, we recommend wrapping up any games at least 10 minutes before the maintenance window. The downtime is expected to last between 1 and 2 hours . You can watch this thread with any changes to the schedule as they arise, as well as the all-clear when the maintenance is complete.

Thank you for your patience!

@DodoNotDoDo the mod page is acting up again. when trying to login, it brings up to main age of empires home page and still not logged in. clearing cache/cookies doesnt do anything either. please help us check!

Try again now, I had to restart a service.

OK I can view “Mods All” and individual mod page with no issue. But clicking “My Mods” will trigger another authorization and redirect back to “Mods All”.

Try logging off and back on, I had that too but then in cleared. Might be something cached.

2 Likes

This always happens to me. Go to the mod page again after login and it probably will be fine. At least for me.

(for me this isnt related to the server maintainance, it happens always).

@DodoNotDoDo This issue is occurring again. autherror=xbla_invalid

Btw, why do you require login to view mods?

It should be working again, thanks for letting me know.

The login requirement is a safety compliance thing.

1 Like

It is not. Same problem, you go into the mods page it tries opening the login screen and then redirects to the main page. Clearing cookies and site cache doesn’t help.
Login never worked that well for the site, constant problems of asking you to login again even though you are already logged in, or just failing silently. I think you guys need to take another look on how your site login works.

It’s working fine here. Unfortunately there can be a lot of things that can interfere that are outside of our control. There are our login cookies but also Microsoft and Xbox which can some times get out of sync. Also if you have 3rd party cookies being blocked by your browser, that will cause problems some times. I find using incognito or inprivate (depending on your browser) works the best since it starts you with a clean cookie slate. You can also try hitting our log off url, which will generally remove the cookies involved and get you back to where you can log on normally.

We do continue to check for ways to simplify the process, but in order to serve data like mods and stats, the current logon process is necessary. Hopefully that will improve over time though as services get updated.

1 Like

Is there any chance you could at least increase the window of time that one stays logged in? I cannot get the log off url or incognito mode to solve it. I had to resort to using Edge. I normally use firefox; but neither that nor chrome works for browsing mods anymore. Constant login and authentication issues.

It is 2023 now, the problem still persists.