Cannot get off the main menu - Sync Issue

When I open the game, I get a popup saying “Syncing data…We should be done soon!” but the progress bar remains on 0% (refer to screenshot syncingissue1.PNG) I’ve tried leaving it for a few hours and nothing, my windows is up to date, all drivers are up to date, no network issues when checking via the Xbox app. I’ve tried reinstalling the game, restarting it, and even clearing the app cache and still no luck. When I click cancel and stop the sync, whenever I try go to options or play the game I get a popup saying “Please wait another moment. We are not quite done syncing with Xbox Live” (syncingissue2.PNG) and it’s just a repeat of both of those. I haven’t been able to play the game since I purchased it because of this.

I’ve send an email off to the AoE:DE team with the issue so hopefully it’s resolved, if any of you have had this issue and managed to fix it, will be greatly appreciated, thank you

1 Like

I’ve never seen this issue before. @jennywaboom is this a common issue? @tatiotatio I’m guessing it has to do with your wifi Connection being unstable but when it comes to network issues I’m really not the best. @CheeseOnToast know any solutions?

It’s odd though, my connection seems pretty stable, havn’t had any issues similar to this on any other platforms, in fact I used to play Halo Forge a while back and it was fine.

Typing your error message on Xbox support led me to this article: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/cloud-storage-sync-error-messages#f545a13e6f714c6a8e8e0c60a42bd911

try any of these solutions and see if it works out for you.

i have already uninstall and reinstall and re downloaded that 17+ GB , but still,
every time i start the game
that Windows Store pop up always show
saying, Im too early… (early for what?)
" We know you really want to get started, but you’ll have to wait a bit longer. Check the store for the launch date. "
WTH is this???
please help me.

Just had a quick look, I don’t think any of those solutions apply to me sadly. I don’t even get an option to choose a sync file or anything like that. Thank you anyways @WintryPainter69

No problem hopefully you can get in touch with support to help you with your issue. (The people I tagged should be able to help).

https://www.ageofempires.com/support @tatiotatio in the meantime check this.

I have the same problem I have not found a solution

(Please wait another moment, We are not quite done syncing whit Xbox live )

how to solve it, there is no solution anywhere

Having same problem as well

Hope they get this fixed :frowning:
Just wanna play the game

I have a similar problem lol. Mine syncs but on the next step when it attempts to log me in it says no internet connection. ugh

mine is a different problem , try to login and it wont , repeat but still not logging in

Having the same syncing issue as above. Went through all the troubleshooting and Xbox games etc to no effect. Really disappointing that they can’t get us an answer back. Too bad that 20 bucks went right out the window.

@tatiotatio said:
When I open the game, I get a popup saying “Syncing data…We should be done soon!” but the progress bar remains on 0% (refer to screenshot syncingissue1.PNG) I’ve tried leaving it for a few hours and nothing, my windows is up to date, all drivers are up to date, no network issues when checking via the Xbox app. I’ve tried reinstalling the game, restarting it, and even clearing the app cache and still no luck. When I click cancel and stop the sync, whenever I try go to options or play the game I get a popup saying “Please wait another moment. We are not quite done syncing with Xbox Live” (syncingissue2.PNG) and it’s just a repeat of both of those. I haven’t been able to play the game since I purchased it because of this.

I’ve send an email off to the AoE:DE team with the issue so hopefully it’s resolved, if any of you have had this issue and managed to fix it, will be greatly appreciated, thank you

I feel your pain, I have exactly the same problem, reset it - reloaded it - updated it - checked firewall and network connections and nothing makes it work…

Just a question or everyone with this issue. Do you logon to Windows 10 by using a local (administrator) account or with a Microsoft account ?

@PCS70 said:
Just a question or everyone with this issue. Do you logon to Windows 10 by using a local (administrator) account or with a Microsoft account ?

I’ve logged in with a microsoft account, even tried changing the account and nothing.