Cannot get off the main menu - Sync Issue

I don’t use a Microsoft account for logging into Windows 10. Just a local.
I am only logged in via Xbox Live Thing, or the store. And it sync just normally. If you open Xbox Live thing ingame, maybe you should login there?

@CrazyBliep Is your MS account verified on your device. Please check this through Windows Start -> Settings -> Accounts.

@PCS70 said:
@CrazyBliep Is your MS account verified on your device. Please check this through Windows Start → Settings → Accounts.

No, I’m not logged in there. Only in the Windows Store. So I don’t think Windows User has anything to do with it. It the Sync Issue still a problem?

@CrazyBliep said:

@PCS70 said:
@CrazyBliep Is your MS account verified on your device. Please check this through Windows Start → Settings → Accounts.

No, I’m not logged in there. Only in the Windows Store. So I don’t think Windows User has anything to do with it. It the Sync Issue still a problem?

I did not have the sync issue, also not after uninstall and reinstall through MS Store again. It took a while though before I could reinstall again. So in the meantime I did uninstall the beta version to be sure, which was still installed and remarkable didn’t have the launch issue (crash after splash screen). Also I verified my MS account, just by signing in with that account on my computer (added as standard user, not admin). I had to enter my password again, because I had not been logged in since update to release 1709, also I needed to verify my identity again. After that I did sign out and went back to my local user account. After a while the download button at AOE DE showed up in the MS Store again and I could install successfully and then opening the game again for the first time it started syncing Xbox Live without errors.

So I never had that sync error. The error I was experiencing after the update of AOE DE to 5101 was DCOM 317 error in my system event log and direct crash to desktop at splash screen. I could solve that temporarily by starting a download through the MS Store and pausing it and then start AOE DE.

I do think that your sync error has something to do with the MS account itself related to the Xbox Live network. This could be e.g. because of change of the main alias or which alias has later been set by the user as authoritative or it’s related to privacy settings in used local account or complete device (Windows firewall settings, Windows privacy settings, antivirus software, malware infection etc.).

I guess it could help and wouldn’t hurt to use your MS account to logon to all the different account pages of related MS websites and check your account settings and details are correct.

Xbox Live:

Microsoft Account:
https://account.microsoft.com

Office Account:
https://office.live.com/

Finally the big test, did it help? The game started today without any errors. :slight_smile:

But, I’ll keep my fingers crossed a while for future launches though. o:)

Also I noticed that I can’t limit framerate to 30 fps anymore, which is making my laptop crash when it gets too hot. So still enough to improve with AOE DE.

I had this issue earlier today, I had to reinstall the game and restart my computer, after that it was fine.

@CheeseOnToast said:
I had this issue earlier today, I had to reinstall the game and restart my computer, after that it was fine.

I tried that already, still can’t play the game, get the same popup when I click on anything on the menu, super frustrating.

Has anyone solved the problem? i´m stiil with the same problem

@sergioteste16 said:

I never had the problem, but reading the comments.
Have you tried reinstalling?

Ive been having the same issue,
Its really annoying but so far i’ve left it syncing overnight, reinstalled once already, reset app data, restarted, reinstalled xbox live app and eveything having to do with xbox life, this is even a fresh xbox live account because I thought that may be the problem. What a waste of money… If anyone figures out how to solve this issue please enlighten the rest of us that spent $20 on this game for nothing.

If I reinstall I get the popup and it synced without problems. Regarding the DistributedCOM 317 error and crashing to desktop on splash screen, I can confirm this only happens using local user (administrative) account in my case and not while using my MS account which I’ve added separate as standard user on my laptop with Windows 10 Pro. The install took 5 seconds (download cached already) so it was no hassle to try this. So DCOM 317 error came back at my local user account, but does not happen when logging in with my MS account. I hope you find this information helpful.

Just reinstalled for the third time, even reset the app, relogged the microsoft and xbox account, still stuck on 0% syncing to xbox live, which makes no sense, especially when I have no network issues, firewall or antivirus.

Pic: Xbox live network status

@CrazyBliep said:
@sergioteste16 said:

@CrazyBliep said:
@sergioteste16 said:

Yes I´ve tryed several times.

@tatiotatio When you sign into Windows are you using a local account or a Microsoft Account?

@CheeseOnToast said:
@tatiotatio When you sign into Windows are you using a local account or a Microsoft Account?

I’m using a microsoft account currently, and it’s verified yes.

I have the same problem, in case you discover the solution let me know.

Has anyone found a solution yet?

Got this problem too.

Please check if you have default Xbox task in Task Scheduler…
Just open Control panel -> Administrative tools -> Task Scheduler
In Microsoft task directory should be directory “XblGameSave” with default task “XblGameSaveTask” (please check image over)

If you dont have this default task… save this text into xml file and import it as task…

textuploader.com/dxht2

AoE run this task at game start… if this task not exists, referenced program XblGameSaveTask.exe is not executed

Hope this help!

Still no luck

got the same problem first i just play the game for 2 days in a row and now i can"t play anymoore
and i dont cant vind the solution