Cannot unsubscribe from mod

Didn’t happen to me since I moved to another place and have a proper Wi-Fi connection this time.

1 Like

Deleted mods keeps downloading every time I open the game. This kinda would hurt if I could indeed play the game

2 Likes

Through the official mod of active automatic subscription, the program will automatically subscribe and download after canceling and starting again. This mod cannot be unsubscribed.

1 Like

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 43210
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When I enter an MP game today I noticed that all previous event mods that I unsubscribed came back! I did nothing special in last game session.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Look at this long list of event mods I need to unsub one by one again :imp:

2 Likes

OK so you said in today’s patch notes that

Unofficial mods are now disabled upon game update to prevent compatibility issues

And then you enable these event mods (which I already unsubscribbed) again for me??? @GMEvangelos

1 Like

Besides, enabling/disabling a mod now takes 5 second to respond. Are you kidding me?

4 Likes

For me the official small trees mod also got disabled (I just checked again, yes it is the one that appears in the “official” category)…
“Its a feature, not a bug” 11

They disabled every single mod, every time upon entering the game. LOL

EDIT: It’s random. Some unofficial mods don’t seem to trigger the reset.

1 Like

@GMEvangelos Here is all mods ranked by downloads. Look at those random event mods that gain a ridiculous amount of downloads abruptly, all thanks to this bug. Please FIX

This issue also happens when the mods get new updates.

1 Like

Is there any way to delete all event mods on mod list? I don’t want to see these craps.

1 Like

I have been asking for batch unsub/disable/enable all the time. This is a fundamental feature. Not only is this feature not yet supported, but enabling/disabling each mod takes 5 seconds. How inefficient could your code be? :joy: Even a college student’s assignment couldn’t be done worse.

3 Likes

As a student in computer science:
U have to do automatic tests on everything that is more than 3 files… This game is written on a whole different level (and I dont say its higher ;))

1 Like

@GMEvangelos Would you please fix this before making new events?

1 Like

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 45340
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When unsubscribing to mods, they continue to return to mod manager and they are subscribed to.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

100%** of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the game
  2. Check mod menu
  3. Same mods I no longer subscribe to are they and checked. Unchecking them takes forever as there is lag.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The unwanted mods would remain or show or auto-subscribe in the mod manager.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

One other note: These are official Age Event mods that I unsubscribe from that continue to return and to which they auto-subscribe.

1 Like

Does this work? But then mods can’t get updated? (Though it’s not that frequent)

no idea, but it should. program should not have the permission to edit directory attributes unless you give it permission to.

@GMEvangelos When are you going to fix this??? Do you know how many event mods are there now, that we need to unsub every time when they keep coming back? WTF man…

2 Likes

@DodoNotDoDo Are you aware of this issue?