Cant create control groups using extra mouse buttons

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.36202.0 4819260
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Zepk

Issue:

Can asign extra mouse buttons to the create group hotkey, but it dosnt work in game.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Go to the options menu
  2. Go to Group Commnads
  3. Change the hotkey Crate Group #20 (can be any number) so its Ctrl+Extra mouse button
  4. Go play the game, and try to use your new Hotkey

ATTACHMENTS:

1 Like

I am experiencing some issues with an extra mouse button as well: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/bugged-hotkeys/77842
these problems might be related

1 Like

Does anyone actually read this bug reports? its been around a month and no answer

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 37906
  • Platform: Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: webJose

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

I have this Logitech M510 mouse with 2 extra buttons, which show up as Extra button 1 and Extra button 2 whenever I use them in the Options as shortcuts. I wanted to try them out in the groupings above 10 so I would have easy access to two of those groups. The Options screen take them without issue when being mapped, either stand-alone or with a modifier key like SHIFT or CTRL. Well, in-game they don’t work. The only thing that works is their mapping without modifier keys.

I tried them also in single-digit groups with the same result.

I have not tested them for other commands outside grouping (that will happen shortly), so I cannot comment right now if this behavior is present in other types of commands.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Open the game.
  2. Go to Options, then Hotkeys.
  3. Go to Group Commands.
  4. Set the extra buttons to group commands. In my case I wanted to get rid of the ALT modifier for groupings higher than 9, so Create Group 19, for example, was CTRL+Extra button 1. No ALT. Same thing for the rest of group 19 commands: Replace the number with the extra button and drop ALT.
  5. Try the configuration in a standard game.