Can't launch game on lower resolutions or select a low resolution in-game and zoom out

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.39515.0 5328560
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Ayase_Chihaya (gamertag is my steam name right?)

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

I want to play the game on very low resolution and with a reasonably far zoom. If I set my notebook resolution to 1024x576 and try to launch the game, I get “Screen resolution must be at least 1024x720”.

If I set my notebook resolution to 1366x768 and launch the game, I can go options -> graphics and select 1024x576 resolution and Zoom Out 100%, but the Zoom doesn’t look out there at all (image attached).

On similar threads I discovered that max zoom is tied to the DESKTOP RESOLUTION, which means that the problem could be solved in any of these two ways:

• Allow the game to be launched at resolutions lower than 1024x720, then I can have both my desktop and my game in whatever low resolution I want, and zoom out.
    OR
  • Uncouple zooming from the desktop resolution in some way, as in allow me to select whatever low resolution I want in game AND zoom out properly.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Select a windows resolution lower than 1024x720 and try to launch the game through steam.
  2. Set your resolution back to your normal resolution, launch the game. Go to options -> graphics, select a much lower resolution than the one you were using and set your zoom to the furtherst “Zoom Out”
  3. Start a game and look at your screen, the zoom is very “In”, not “Out”.

Image 2: Notebook is in 1366x768, game is at a lower resolution and Zoom is 100% Zoom Out

Image 3: Notebook is in 1366x768, game is at same resolution and Zoom is 100% Zoom Out

Thank you!

1 Like

Please… I just want to play my favorite 1999 game.