Can't link my Microsoft/Xbox live account

Same issue here. Tried it yesterday and today.

The team is working on a fix. We don’t have an ETA yet, but will update when we have more information to share.

13 Likes

Im having this issue as well. Any updates?

it’s not the linking, they don’t unlock in general. I play through MS Store with my Xbox account and insider portrait and monument are still locked. There are other posts about it too. I’m sure it will be quick fix in the next patch, but as you can see they have more important stuff to take care of :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s good news. I’m having the same problem:
Couldn’t link accounts. (Xbox Live)
Error Code: C25T05R01X-01 5265C6102B1

Prior to that error page, the Xbox Live login screen said “the account you are attempting to sign in with isn’t provisioned for this environment”.

I’ll submit a ticket too.

I get this in the XBox window, and then the error code at the top in game afterward.

It would be nice to know where we are up to with fixing this issue, like an ETA for a fix.

I had this issue after installing the game and couldn’t play it (the game needed to be connected to xbox live for the first start). I fixed the issue by starting AOE2 DE and logged in my XB live account there. Then started AOE IV and it worked fine. Hope this helps someone .

So if we cant link our xbox live accounts, and were playing on steam, is there anyway to crossplay with someone whos playing on game pass without linking xbox account?

This worked for me.

so test it

Ahh thats smart! Thanks!

Unfortunately didn’t help here, still got same error. Was worth a shot tho.

didn’t work for me either

Add me to the “cannot link” camp. Not a huge deal by any means but sucks to see it happen.

I have the same issue. Not really important but it would be nice to have a solution.

Just to follow up that me and my friend have the same issue. Waiting for a solution guys. thanks!

I have the same issue too. Even on different machines.

I have not been able to tie my Xbox Live account for two days.

Constant error:

I want to get the content Age of insiders.

2 Likes

Hi @VisionedTuba52, Xbox Live sign in is a known issue. Read more here: Can't link my Microsoft/Xbox live account

The insider content in game will be available post-launch as described here: https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409294438292-Insider-Rewards

Just my 2 cents. This looks like a non-Windows default browser problem to me.

I noticed the referral to Internet Explorer in the response from support, although Internet Explorer has been deprecated already and even not available in Windows 11 anymore, the internet security settings in control panel still is.

So all here could give resetting the default for browsing on internet back to the Windows defaults settings a try. Unless my diagnose is off here.

When you got it linked, probably you can change your default browser back to your own favorite again.

1 Like