Can't link my Microsoft/Xbox live account

Issue still persists after a week. I have logged in and out of Steam and any Xbox related apps or websites. Linked my accounts on ageofempires.com and tried to unlink/link other AOE titles without success.

To the best of my knowledge perhaps some old insider build license is preventing the 1.0 release build/license to link?

Same issues here. Never installed any of the betas, and clean Windows 11 install from about a week ago. Also use the same MS/Xbox account to login to my PC. Don’t see any friends in game at all (Steam or Xbox), no achievement tracking in the Xbox app etc.

You don’t have to try anything, just have to wait for a fix.

still waiting for a solution.

3 Likes

Over a week later and still no information…

3 Likes

over a week and nothing. this really is disappointing.

1 Like

Lets hope this week is The week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or is there actually anyone managing to link it? I failed to link my Stream a/c with Xbox live too, of course.

Very weird that there hasn’t been a peep from MS in almost two weeks about this considering how aggressively they tried to get people to link their Xbox accounts to the Steam version of AoE2:DE.

5 Likes

Agreed, it’s very disappointing to not get any updates for 12 days, as I’ve been waiting for this to be fixed to really dive in.

Also very surprised to find this issue with a Xbox Game Studios title, to be honest…

2 Likes

I am really hoping for this week patch. On steamDB they test something called “rc2testing” , which i hope stands for release candidate 2 testing.

If there is no patch this week, I will consider a refund on Steam. Shame on you, Relic.

1 Like

So next week apparently,
Monday 15th is patch. hopefully this fix will be included…

1 Like

i can´t login my xbox live account in the steam version.
It works pretty well for every other aoe-game

error: C25T05R01X-01 52656C6102B1

12 Likes

and i did not have the banner from the closed and open beta/ insider.

3 Likes

i have the same Problem here

same problem here, hope is not linkk with how old is my hotmail account

same problem here, tried multiple times

I can’t link my account as well. Got the same error.

Same problem here :frowning:. I hope there is a fix soon