Chat won't work and jam the game

Same issue here, really pissing me off

Same here :neutral: if someone can solve this problem, give me a sign, Thank you

Add me to the list. Just like everyone else, it was after the Windows update.

Same thing for me, please how resolve this problem ?

Pham VietPham Viet Member ✭Idle Villager✭
May 6
I have same problem. This problem appeared after updated Windows April 2018

Flag Quote · Insightful Disagree 1Agree

LOL

Since the last update for windows 10 introducing new feautures like screwing your games, performance uhh your whole brand new laptop with high specs. After this update my svchost went from +/- 3% to 25%. When starting up it sometimes reached 100% but mostly 65% at starting up and eventually decrease to 25%.
What the ■■■■ are they doing there at microsoft, and ofcoure i had this freeze problem when pressing enter.
I know you cheaters don’t like the game anymore… can only use 1 cheat and that’s it. Well fine, i cheat as well and what helped for me was using a previous version of microsoft by going to recovery. Now my laptop is back to it’s previous version and my cpu is back again at +/-3% and the freezing problem is over now while I have the latest version of AoE DE. I really don’t know exactly when this problem occured… i believe it was April/May update anyway probably the latest one which screws everything. Thank you microsoft for these ■■■■ updates!

HI ALL. go to AoEDE.exe properties. change compatibility to Windows7. It does working :smiley:

only work one time :frowning:

@mc0134 said:
In single player mode, I get to use the chat box to enter one cheat code. When I open the chat box again to try to enter additional cheat codes, the box is there but won’t let me type anything and game freezes. Have to minimize game or alt+tab out of game and back and then press F3 to get game back to keep working.

Guess I’m not the only one having this issue but hopefully Microsoft fixes this issue. Game was working fine before but it happened after some kind of windows update, I don’t know what!

Age of empires is a nice game otherwise.

I am experiencing this issue as well after I recently updated to Windows 10 1803.

The developers won’t have to hurry at all about the need of making those little changes and bugfixes for the community. MS will introduce huge ones for them about every 6 months again and again. :smiley:

Today I observed that we cannot even save the game after this chat has jammed the game. Awful release by Microsoft. Anyone has any idea when this will get fixed by MS?

Hello, everyone

The bug of the cat is still relevant, I wrote an email support but I did not get an answer. Does anyone know if the bug will soon be fixed

@xCaptainSparrow said:
Pham VietPham Viet Member ✭Idle Villager✭
May 6

I know you cheaters don’t like the game anymore… can only use 1 cheat and that’s it. Well fine, i cheat as well and what helped for me was using a previous version of microsoft by going to recovery.

Heh, well cheat or no cheat, it’s still a bug in the game that needs to be resolved. I haven’t played multiplayer so don’t know if you use chatbox to talk to other player also jams the game too :#

I have the same issue and it’s very very annoying! it’s because of the new option in Windows 1803 (Autocorrect Misspelled Words), even if it is off it still doing this! I hope they fix it ASAP because the chat literally doesn’t work!!

@“Omar Venom” said:
I have the same issue and it’s very very annoying! it’s because of the new option in Windows 1803 (Autocorrect Misspelled Words), even if it is off it still doing this! I hope they fix it ASAP because the chat literally doesn’t work!!

You can disable autocorrection and marking through Windows settings. Search for spelling.

@PCS70 said:

@“Omar Venom” said:

You can disable autocorrection and marking through Windows settings. Search for spelling.

I know, I said even if it’s off it still the reason of this issue.

@“Omar Venom” said:

@PCS70 said:

@“Omar Venom” said:

And like I said already, you can expect new bugs to appear with every new Windows 10 release.

It will take the developers some more time before they got used with the software as a service principle. These kind of problems should have been tested through Windows insiders running AOE DE anyway and they should be part of the developers team.

@PCS70 said:

@“Omar Venom” said:

@PCS70 said:

@“Omar Venom” said:

And like I said already, you can expect new bugs to appear with every new Windows 10 release.

It will take the developers some more time before they got used with the software as a service principle. These kind of problems should have been tested through Windows insiders running AOE DE anyway and they should be part of the developers team.

Exactly!

Same here. Any news on what is happening or how to contact the support?

Even with the autocorrect off, I still can input only once in the chat bar before the game freezes…

@Nathanielz said:
Same here. Any news on what is happening or how to contact the support?

Well, I’d say try by sending them messages, but looking at the subject of the problem, I don’t think they’ll receive any of our messages :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: .