Check your steam - PRELOADING is AVAILABLE

the MS store version contain everything including the 4k pack, while the steam version doesn’t which you can download separately (i think).

Exactly , well explained.

Hmmm. I think it would be nice if someone confirms or deny this.

I cant download the game on steam:

„application not published“

Can anyone help me?

What are you talking about 4k pack? Both MS and Steam have the same version and they both say

with stunning 4K visual fidelity

Nope , sorry friend. MS build weights 93 GB and steam build weights 50 GB , so… there is clearly something in there…

Storage optimisation is incredible nowadays. Loom at Valheim, map bigger than the majority of games out there and it’s all 1 gig. Stellaris is 9 gigs and it’s a galaxy.

But if we’re talking FPS expect 120 gigs or something absurd

So I right clicked the properties of AOE4 in Steam and I noticed under DLC there is a 4K HDR video pack, as there is also on MS. My guess the 4K DLC is where the 43 gig difference is. When I preloaded AOE4 on Steam it showed 27.78 gigs. Betting there will be a larger download tomorrow or a few hours prior or steam has figured out a way to really compress the files.

4k pack is confirmed.

Edit: while I was searching for the link you made another post, sorry on that one

and you have to download it in the MS store version, while in the steam version you can choose not to.

If you look at the additional information at the bottom of 4k hdr video pack on MS it shows 132gig.

My download on Steam is 27.7GB and when enabling the 4K HDR Video Pack it doesn’t install anything new so I believe that will come closer to launch.

1 Like

No idea if 28GB is small for an RTS game.