Civ bonus ideas

than come up with sonethnig new ‘diverse’

But then the question becomes - what is the civs weakness? because you have stronger then normal cavalry from the moment you research bloodlines until the end of the game. either scouts in feudal, knights into cavalier/paladin in castle/imp, and hussars when gold is running out. so what exactly holds the civ back from trampling…everyone?

every other civ in the game only gets 1 bonus to their cavalry (knights get health, cumans speed, teutons melee armor, etc), while this civ gets two entire unit lines with extra attack, speed, and health.

Good point. Only thing I can think of is a civ akin to Turks or Magyars. No particularly strong eco bonuses to help feudal scouts (just strong scouts), and late game trash carried by strong Hussar. In terms of cav power, maybe weak archer options? Basically, a civ carried by military power and NOT eco

and you think a civ with a unique mill building isn’t going to have an economy bonus?

Lol no XD! It’s just an idea for a civ without one. If Poles weren’t getting a unique mill building, a bonus like this would be epic.

I’ve got some other (possibly crazy) ideas for balance changes that I posted in a wrong topic thread. Thought it might be more appropriate to put them here (sorry if there are any repeats). Thoughts?

Indians:

• Camels +10% faster (instead of pierce armour, but still remove plate barding)
  • Shatagni (hand cannons +1 range AND missed shots deal full damage)

Incas:

• Team bonus: trade units move 5% faster?

Cumans:

• Free 100 or 75 wood in dark age
  • Cuman mercenaries: (reduce or remove gold cost of CA?) on top of free team Kipchaks (adjust cost of imp tech accordingly) (this one might be a bit strong)

Burgundians:

• Flemish revolution: (convert 50% or 66% or 80% of villagers to Flemish militia)
  • Coustillier: slight speed increase? or 20-25s recharge time with +16 (+22 elite) charge attack

Koreans:

• War wagons -10 or -20 HP (or less resistant to monks)
  • Wood bonus applies to siege (-20% wood)
  • Change team bonus to (fishing ships +2 carry capacity) (not sure about this one)

Portuguese:

• Ships get +15% HP instead of +10% (but no carrack)
  • Change Feitorias to provide +20 pop space when built and generates resources when vils garrisoned (adjust resource gen accordingly)
  • Arquebus: gunpowder units +~10% accuracy on top of ballistics
  • (Castle tech): +2 anti-ship bonus resistance instead of armour?
  • Organ guns fire +1 additional projectile, elite organ guns fire +2 additional projectiles

Vietnamese:

• Paper money: reduce market trading cost (for self or + allies) is reduced by 10% (down to 20% cost), adjust gold received accordingly.

Italians:

• Elite Genoese crossbowmen +1 melee armour
  • Condottieri +1 attack or +1 melee armour

Thats what the devs are doing by adding more unit lines and upgrades :joy:

4 Likes

i think this is more of a nerf then a buff,

i think this just needs to be scrapped and replaced.

just make it so it unlocks the ability to upgrade villagers into militia, or unlocks the ability to train militia, or both, and make the base tech cost cheap.

don’t think Portuguese need water buffs.

We don’t need more yet another Eastern European Paladin civ either

4 Likes

I think this Cuman Mercenaries would be better if after the 10 free Kipchaks, you could train new ones to replace the fallen ones (at a cost). Could be an interesting mechanic. Kipchaks are a pretty good raiding unit, so they can have some utility.

Markets generate gold. (At a rate of 1 gold every 8 seconds. 4 markets would make equal amount of gold of 1 relic). There could be some upper limit of 8 markets maybe so no more than 2 relic gold comes out of it).

If given to Turks, this would slightly help with the late game trash wars. Would bring some grain of salt to the battle as enemies would be looking for those markets even in long 1v1 games. I also think this could be a good UT for some civ as well but not definitely Turks since bombard cannon tech has accurate historical representation.

Vils occupe 1/2 pop space, but lacks of hand cart and all imperial’s eco techs

1 Like
  • 2 scouts at start of the game, second scout has only 2 attack (becomes a normal scout upon reaching feudal)
  • Receive 2 villagers every age advance
  • Houses are built 50% faster (dunno if this is already a bonus?)
  • Champion line has +4 attack vs archers
  • Scouts can kidnap villagers but lose 20% speed.

Bad idea in earlier stages of the game.

This is a very bad idea, even if the second scout only has 2 attack, it still enables a heck of a lot of laming.

i think this is useless.

Are you anti-laming?

no, i’m anti giving one civ a HUGE AS CRAP advantage in the laming department. i actually have no problem (For the mnost part) with laming.
I think laming should be on a roughly equal footing though, and giving one civ TWO SCOUTS to do so with is ANYTHING BUT.

Debatable. With the speed reduction, it is slower than a spearman

Just make the scout unable to lame, easy

and how do you code that?

which doesn’t matter much in dark age does it?

You do realize they coded it so scouts can attack sheep and boar but not deer, right? Or do you just like arguing as a hobby?

It would be the difference of 1 villager, since it it would have to kidnap the villager, take it back to the TC and then by then, would most likely be in feudal. It isn’t much stronger than the chinese bonus