Civ bonus ideas

Okay? It can still attack villagers right? Also it can still steal sheep right? Two forms of laming

Furthermore all I have to do is use the 2 attack scout to scout my vase and send the normal scout to lame and I get around your change

Itā€™s arguably stronger because itā€™s a two villager swing. Except your opponent paid for it. 1 less Villager for your opponent and 1 more for you. And at no downside. Chinese pay for it with less starting resources

1 Like

I SAID it was stronger. There is no more point in discussing this with you, you obviously just argue to argue, not to conduct a constructive discussion

The difference is the chinese bonus costs CHINESE resources. This one comes with costing YOUR OPPONENT RESOURCES. see the problem?

I donā€™t argue with someone who doesnā€™t care about advancing the conversation

I do. Iā€™m just pointing out how busted your bonus is. Itā€™s not balanced. At all.

1 Like

We can have this bonus instead: advancing through ages spawns a Scout Cavalry at 1 TC. So basically a free Scout in Feudal Age + some not so useful stuff (except on Arena)

But starting with 2 scouts in OP

Absolutely.
Starting with even a fatty king is also OP in arabia as it can block the villager with its COBRA Car like speed while scout can pick up the villager. This is why regicide was played only on Fortress competitively and that even changed with current map script. You will always have 13 villager and a castle in Fortress even without the Regicide setting.

The only way I could see 2 Dark Age scouts ever be a thing is that the second one doesnā€™t have any attack and maybe gets upgraded to a normal Scout starting in Feudal Age but even that would be quite strong I suppose.

2 Likes

You give your 2 cents on almost every single balance discussion thread, that kinda seems like you like to argue.

It is basically the Chinese bonus without the food reduction. Plus, you donā€™t get those vills right from the start. PLUS, if you notice that the opponent has picked the civ with this bonus, they would know," Right, Iā€™ve got to keep eyes on my vills. Maybe I should wall in my LC just incaseā€¦"

It wins a fight with a villager 1v1 with 8 hp remaining=2 villagers easily beat it. This is without loom.

Maybe there is a way that you can make it a unit canā€™t convert sheep. They did it for Celts.

Both scouts have 2 attack until Feudal, boom

1 Like

It will. Already mentioned above why.

But they can still kill a villager in a 1v2 fight and that is actually a very very effective strategy in TG. Now with this civ bonus, that civ can do it in 1v1 as well.

I wonder why no one complains about it in team games? hmm

Thereā€™s bonuses and changes Iā€™ve agreed with as well.
I just want a balanced game. Notice I didnā€™t say anything about your houses built faster. I think thatā€™s fine. Same with 2 vills on aye up

2 Likes
  1. Both teams can do it.
  2. Defending player can ask his/her team mate to bring additional scout to help.

If it is so strong than the allied scout wonā€™t get there in time, unless the team is stupid and scouting the same area

Plus, they are only dealing 1 extra damage than a normal scout, so in reality, it is basically just giving your scout an extra attack, I wouldnā€™t think that would be ā€œOPā€ It is stronger than a normal scout but not as strong as your 1v2 scouts in team games

It will as you canā€™t do the same in return. Also you are underestimating the value of double amount of scouting information.

People consider the mongol +2 scout LOS one of the best in the game precisely because of this.

2 Likes

There are plenty of bonuses that allow civs to do things that you canā€™t do in return, how is that even an argument? Lol

Actually, no Iā€™m not, I know it would be a super strong bonus. You are forgetting that civ design comes into play, you can have strong bonuses without having an OP civ

But not a single bonus allow you to kill your enemies villager at minute 2 and your enemy canā€™t do anything.

Very true. But 2 scouts at start is an OP bonus despite them having only 2 attack. You have to hit their speed, LOS and HP as well to make it balance. Just compare. When it comes to battle (especially in melee vs melee) you can merge 2 units for calculation. We are looking into a 90 HP unit with 4 attack vs a 45 HP unit with 3 attack. Thatā€™s even after ignoring the LOS, speed, blocking ability and ability to move 2 units into 2 different places and harassing 2 different areas. How you still donā€™t think it as an OP bonus is beyond me.

1 villager, without loom. And yes, they can do something, wall in their LC or mill

If you merge 2 villagers it becomes 90 hp 6 attack vs 90 hp 4 attack.

#1 requires micro
#2 Iā€™ve already shown how the scout is incredibly weak vs a villager, WITHOUT LOOM. It dies 1v1 to a villager with loom

Just tested it, a villager with loom beats them, since they only do 1 damage each. So you loose both scouts 2 minutes into the game.