Civ bonus ideas

But they can’t bring any boar.

Why are you comparing villagers with scouts? And loom as well? And guess what? 2 scouts can still kill a villager and run away.

Not that hard.

Villager need 45/3=15 hits to kill it while it needs 25/2=13 hits. How is that Incredibly weak?

So does regular scout anyway.

So you are forcing your opponent to research loom at 2 min while you can research it around 7 min. This is already 1 villager lead for 5 mins, roughly 100-120 more resource. Also why you will engage if you notice your opponent has researched Loom? Even if you engage an 1v2 you can pick one while losing one of your scout. Not even considering the 2 injured or about to be injured villagers that were sent to lure boars. And lastly you will just find your opponents scout and kill it as it doesn’t stand a chance.

yes, use your scout to draw the boar to TC

…because you are

?

Not if it has loom, the 2 scouts die, easily

When you know that you have a weak scout, yes, it is hard

You underestimate how much 1 extra hit is worth in dark age

So not much stronger than the Chinese bonus

If you are engaging the enemy with 2 scouts than bonus or not, you are gonna lose because you are dumb

They aren’t injured :slight_smile:

Not if you keep your own scout nearby :slight_smile: In a normal game it is kinda dumb to leave a villager without loom out on its own

And again, even with the 2, it doesn’t actually count as 4 attack, it counts as 2 separate so they both do 1 damage.

A few more ideas for bonuses

• cavalry gains +5 hp per age, starting from feudal for a total of +15
  • Archers do bonus damage vs UU
  • Rams garrisoned with archers can fire arrows
1 Like

this while probably balanced - would not, in my eyes be a good bonus because it further pushes the knights vs archers.

not sure if this is even possible with the game engine as is.

this is okay.

2 Likes

Me either, lol

Making it an easier target for the 2 scouts. And it can’t even win at full health anyway.

Where?

Nope. 2v1 scouts win with one scout loss. Also it actually depends on micro. And scout having higher speed is easier to micro.

Are you thinking the opposite? Scout player need less hits.

In terms of resource, yes. Adding scouting info, killing villager, and/or opponents scout, it is way bigger bonus.

So how is that lone scout can avoid engaging as you are not giving speed reduction on 2 scouts players?

Then the scout is.

And again, you are forcing to research loom.

To make this bonus Somewhat balanced -

1. Reduce scout speed even lower than Eagle scout. So that opponents scout can run away from a 1v2 situation, as well as your scouting area/minute is not bigger compared to Mongols.
  2. You are starting with maxed pop 5/5. So you will research Loom immediately and will behind in villager number. To make it fair, the 2 scouts should have the potential to kill one of opponents villager or force to research loom. And nothing more. With 45 HP they can do both which is why it is an OP bonus. I think HP needs to reduce to 30.
  3. Last but not least. They can’t attack boar or convert enemy sheep. I think you are okay with this one.

Pretty sure Siege Tower used to fire arrows when garrisoned back in AOF. It was not trainable back then and can be found only in scenario editor.

Have you even played this game before? Both of the scouts are only doing 1 att to the vill, the vill wins easily

Microing the scouts will do more damage to you than the enemy vill, lol

I never said it could and just keep your scout moving, micro can avoid a death.

No, Scout needs 1 more hit than a normal scout, in Dark Age, that is big

Yes

Won’t happen

Also won’t happen unless the player is a noob. We are discussing this assuming pros, since the game is balanced around pros.

It is supposed to be a strong scouting bonus

Run? Lol. It can win easily if it makes it to a villager or his TC

An injured scout isn’t that big of a deal as long as it isn’t dead

Good. It is an eco bonus

No, that makes the bonus useless. They gain back both attack then

It already can

Oh, so now it isn’t OP because you are behind a vill? :drum:

The opponent can research loom right from the start since you are. That way no one is ahead in vills and the scouts are useless vs the vills. :slight_smile: How is that OP?

Again depends on micro level.

Neither of them are 2 new scouts vs 2 villagers. Top is 1 new scout vs 1 non-loom villager. Bottom is 1 regular scout vs 2 new scouts.

And it can still kill a non-loom villager in 1v1.

So it can’t get out of its base and lose scouting info?

Agreed 100%. But soon it will find the dust when 2 scouts will engage. I hardly doubt even getting help from a loom villager can save that. So you are stuck at your base with your scout.

Yes & No. You can run away as you have same speed but one scout can block while the other can chase. Does require micro I’ll admit. But You have to admit running away is your only option.

Oh now here we go! Someone actually has no idea how OP 2 scout starts is and now using the ultimate trump card. Did you really test it?

Oh looks like you did. And I have no idea how 2 scouts losing. They are supposed to win with one dead and other with 15/45 HP left.

Did you really did the test? Are you talking about 2v1 or 2v2?

So can a regular scout

No level of micro will help you when you are doing 1 damage

You can cover the entire area around his base so you know when he leaves? And he can still scout, they are the same speed, as long as he is good at micro. If he is scared though, he just goes back to his base or gets a vill to help fight.

That’s why you don’t engage

I’m gonna pull one of you.
Micro the scout, :smiley:

Micro, if the one scout goes to block, quickly click away, doesn’t lose you any time and it avoids the block.

Yes, running is gonna be happening a lot but if you have both of your scouts chasing his scout that requires an insane amount of micro, especially if you don’t know where his scout is

Go to scenario editor give the scouts 2 attack vs a loomed vill. They only do 2 att and the vill has 1 melee armor, hence they only do 1 attack meaning they have to hit the villager 40 times before he dies. Easily wins

2v1, a loomed villager takes 40 hits to go down from 2, 2 att scouts. If you research loom right from start (or you can make loom after a few vills are made so you have a bigger advantage) you have an advantage, as the only things the scouts can do are lame your vills trying to get a boar and chase your scout

Where did you get those numbers

If it is possible it would make rams much more viable for the civ

1 Like

Easily win for scouts side.

So 2 new scouts vs 1 loom villager then?

From calculation. From practical test, it is even better for scouts side. 18/45 HP left as villager lose 1 hit while switching the targets. And yes, I used SHIFT+Attack. So no delay from players part.

Let me give you what is actually happening as you either didn’t test at all or just claiming false information or made some mistake while making new units. Scout takes 45/3 = 15 hits. So each of the scout deals 15 hits before the first one dies. So the villager will lose 15+15=30 HP. Second scout will deal 10 hits to kill the villager while taking 10x3=30 damage. So it will survive with 15HP. If the second scout start fighting after the death of first one, only then villager can win with 10 HP left. Got it now?

The scouts don’t have 3 attack, they have 2 and the villager has loom, so they only deal 1 damage each. Got it now?

Yes, that is what I have been saying

No, villager easily wins

Can you actually do the test before screaming out wrong info so loudly? As if I didn’t change my scouts attack to 1 damage. You are completely forgetting that 2 different scouts can do 1+1=2 damage to a single villager.

My villager comes out with 10 hp left. He kills one scout with 25 hp left and then the other he kills with 10 hp left

Yeah because of this.

Make both the scouts attack at the same time and then see.

how? if hes fighting two scouts he’s taking two damage a hit, so by the time the first one is dead (assuming no micro is involved it would take 15 hits to kill the first scout) he should have taken 15 hits back from each scout, so having lost 30 HP. which means he has 10 HP left.

if i had 2 scouts why would i attack ONE after the other? i’d attack with both at one time.

I have no idea what I did with the triggers but yeah, you guys are right.

Also, another round of bonuses.

• infantry give back 5% of their rss when killed
  • Eagle Warriors take 50% less bonus damage from Infantry
  • Warships can transport units
  • UT) Poison arrows-The first arrow an archer fires deals 1 damage/second to units. If it misses, that still counts as its first arrow

not even sure if this is possible with teh game engine.

this is so tiny it wouldn’t even matter.
5% means a champion gives back 1 gold and around 4 food on death.

It can be adjusted so it matters. I was just thinking that it would be a pretty strong eco bonus in the lategame with a lot of halbs dying so I didn’t want it to be too much

I think it is possible through triggers so it should be possible…maybe…