CIV Grid/Civ-Matchups

I’m starting to think that these data go to sympathy for use and not for winnings, are they recent or what? Lakota and especially China are heavily nerfed and are they in the top 2? I understand it’s 1100+ and it’s unreliable data, pick and game numbers don’t appear and as I’ve always said since 1110+ means you’re taking players from different brackets and include everything in one graph, it’s pretty useless like that.

The civ score already considers the pick rate of the civ, along with their win rate consistency across the match ( if a civ has a better win rate across all time periods, it gets more score).

Example:
Aztecs have way better win rates before the 10 mins mark, it gets lower civ score added.

Japan has more uniform wins across its time line, gets more civ score

4 Likes

This is the best thing ever. Great work. How are the post update results separate from the earlier ones?

the second link i added here

CIV Grid/Civ-Matchups - #39 by ResultedRex9901

is data after the patch, the first link,not by me, should be ‘all time’

From the website

3 Likes

Man China is just not slowing down

I seriously think they should have just nerfed the russian consulate in particular cause the other stuff is just not slowing it down.

1 Like

Sucks to be USA 1900, can’t get a win

there is just 1 match in there

Balance in this game is worse and than at any point since it’s release. Personally I believe someone’s little brother has gotten hold of the dev account.

1v1 is nothing but China, Lakota, Spain, Italy and swedes. It is rare to see anything else. If you don’t want to play those civs the game is totally broke apparently.

I can think of a few worse periods

crabat dominance
Hakka supremacy
Swede life guard + infinite Mams
Hausa upon release
Spanish logistician
Recent Otto Deli spam
Barbary Fi
Cowboys
French perfect 12/10
Inca after first rework

4 Likes

I think the balance is quite good. Sure there are a few stronger civs but nothing ridiculously so, most of those civs actually got nerfed last patch. China got several nerfs, Spains soldado spawn rate got nerfed, ottos abus gun got nerfed, swedes torp boom got cost and build time increased. The only thing currently that may need adjustment is the italian FI but even that only has a high win rate above 1900 elo so for like 30 players.

Currently those 5 civs represent 25% of the matches, if all civs were played equal it would be around 22%. France and Otto and Japan are all highly picked civs, Brit’s have seen a bit of a drop off in popularity but still in the top half.

2 Likes

Sorry I can’t agree. When you have four civs that dominate. Another two with broken aspects. On the other end you have some that have no defense on a rush. You have a civ whose only claim to fame is a boom and then take that away.

I can’t see how what they are doing pays off.

You’ll never see many complaints most players have already checked out.

the playbase is (according to steam) pretty much the same as 2 years ago

Ok you’ve convinced me the game is in good shape.

Poor Spain, only won in low elo using cheese FI haciendas/soldados…

Haha wow incredible the difference rated at 1700-1900 and 1900+ Italy and Sweeden.

EEUU 0% 1900+ and I believed are possible op and not enough played lol

China continues brrrr with russian consulate.

Updated recently

1 Like

Look at portugal, somehow I doubt 50f extra will fix that but I guess we’ll see after the pup. People swear india is a broken op civ as well but sure doesn’t look like it currently according to this. Malta continues to perform poorly as expected really it was doing bad before, got nerfed so it’s obviously going to be worse.

2 Likes

Based on these results I predict that Otts will get buffed again.

1 Like