Civilisation Tier List?

Please for the love of God nerf Brits. Only civ I literally cannot beat ever. The lamerest of the lame.

1 Like

The question is, how to nerf it?

With haudenosaunee what I do is build FB near their food, then I force them to fight in the age of commerce, I improve my amry and at some point I go up to fortress age.
The problem is that I do not see how to apply a nerf, lately the main brits are not trying to reach the maximum possible number of villagers before 10 minutes, they take out some army and go up to fortresses at some point. The only nerfs that I can think of, is to increase the cost of the manors, remove a initial villager or even change the crates, but they would be very powerful nerfs.
I believe that civilization as well as it is, I would not know what change to make, any change I think would destroy civilization, as happened to Sweden. Sweden only had to remove the infinite mameluks and the Svea guard, but they weakened that civ too much.

1 Like

You play alot of spanish I’m not surprised. That civ is at a disadvantage against brits.

1 Like

Yeah, I pretty much only play Spain. :joy: Win ratio vs Brits is 1:10 at best. Even Spain vs Dutch isn’t that badly lopsided, yes it’s heavily Spain favored but it’s not a near insurmountable challenge like Brits is to Spain.

I think reducing the XP build bounty for manors from 27 → 25 would be sufficient and non game breaking, what do you think? I acknowledge there shouldn’t be a large tweak, and that yes there will always be lopsided MUs, but most people agree Brits are S+.

3 Likes

They are strong but have been virtually unchanged in 15 years.

I agree, there are players who do not go with TP and Virginia company because with the exp of the manors it is already compensated.

3 Likes

How much experience do they give to destroy them? Destroying them is almost always avoided because in fact it is a benefit for the British. I think a slightly higher reward would be nice.

1 Like

It does not matter if you have all the technology when they do not have the economy to mass units, at least in mid-game.

They can only choose 1 path, either boom age 3 and barely make units or fast industrial with some units but having poor eco. There’s no way they’re tier ‘A’.

1 Like

You can also shoot for late game, not only will you have better economy and arrive faster to it than japanese, but also for just one siege you do to their city they become not so good, they will no longer have daimyos, their units will be worse than yours and also more expensive, etc. Japanese is a little bit like dutch in terms of their times, japanese is weak early game, not like dutch, but japanese, like dutch, have a very strong mid-game, and they are great in that time, and can get to that place in a very comfortable way, but past that time they are not bad, but they can be out-boomed, so yes.

They perfectly can keep it, having 50-60 villagers at 12 min gives you every option you want to choose. Either you can boom, you can mass units or you can Fast Industrial wich is really good with ‘Estates’ card.

You don’t even need to make TC’s.

They are not that hard to kill, just cut their eco as they rely on that. Try to take map control near their hunts and their mines.

I just investigated and the experience to destroy the manor house is good. 81 in fact, so I think they’re worth destroying.

1 Like

I rarely manor boom w vc so people that target my houses often have success house locking me. I usually rush so it’s easy to get tied up quick when you are pumping out units. The houses are expensive and very slow to build. It’s probably no coincidence that I fare poorly in mirror matches against other brit players more often than not.

That’s… that’s the point. They have the numbers to mass an economy, but it slows down once they hit the villager max or their Manor limit.

Updated! Now Mexico is add in the tier list.

5 Likes

I agree, except Brits belongs in S tier and India & Japan should be higher in the A tier. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think this is patch 65 since the brits were last changed way back in 2008. I’m not going to hold out much hope for you.

1 Like

Too early to say if México is OP right now. But they seem pretty dynamic just as USA.

1 Like

Confirmed, the most OP civilization in the game.

1 Like

Current Tier List:

Mexico Tier: Mexico

Not Mexico Tier: Everything else.

5 Likes