Co-op

It happens in single player as well. Ai ignores walls which is helpful to push them towards defensive buildings. Always seemed cheesy to me

1 Like

Anyone knows if they added Medals for Co-Op campaigns or if they overwrite Single Player Campaign medals? Or they just forgot about this mode?

They don’t have medals because you access them through a lobby, not the campaign menu.

I would add 2 wishes to that list:

• A difficulty level that is actually challenging. Right now there is only an afk version and an ultra easy version.

• Co-op with 4 or more players.

3 Likes

Did someone test whether someone who doesn’t have the DLC can play as the Cholas in Challenging a thalassocracy?

Did someone test whether someone who doesn’t have the DLC can play as the Cholas in Challenging a thalassocracy?

Game Crashes when switching players on Co-op Suryavarman I #4 (Challenging a Thalassocracy) w/o DLC

1 Like

That was awkward

sorry to necro this thread but I have had some thoughts on co-op after finally being able to play it with my friend.

first off I wish the maps were larger (gigantic-let size) and that they increased the population. I understand making the maps larger is not easy but I do think balancing them for 200 pop would not be that big of a stretch seeing that is how the game is currently balanced.

another thing I would like to see is unique units that you can build in the mode would be a huge boon that is one cool thing about starcraft 2’s co-op is that you are able to break out of the normal playstyles and play with units that you are not normally able to.

Lastly I would love it if there was an addition of a continue button or some way to track how many of the maps you have completed been in the situation where I was playing with my friend and would be like ‘which mission did we do last?’ and would have to trial and error to find out.

I have really enjoyed co-op and I hope the team keeps putting out more co-op content for me it was the first time I had played some of those missions.

an Idea I had too was to add an ‘archon mode’ co-op where both players play as the same set of units.

1 Like

But you know that it always was possible? Just create a lobby game and pick the same color as your friend. So, AoE had “archon mode” a long before SCII

But you know that it always was possible? Just create a lobby game and pick the same color as your friend. So, AoE had “archon mode” a long before SCII

I am aware of this what I am suggesting is to use that to make a co-op campaign were traditionally you would add more units or make a second faction for the second player to play. this way you dont have to do that work and can just play the existing single player experience.

1 Like