Community-made list of issues

Thanks for making this! The devs should immediately look into all the mentioned points. Looking forward to all the fixes and suggestions being implemented. I will download the and play the game then.

5 Likes

→ Inability to play any kind of ranked treaty besides 40 minutes.

personally i dont think this is an issue, and i think overall its probably for the best. the 1 timer that maybe could be added is 20 mins but other than that, then i think treaty should be seen as 40 mins as that is the standard. 10 min treaty for example shouldn’t be rated cause it just isn’t what treaty should be rated by, the bigger issue here is probably that rating only works in MM, making it impossible to make say balanced 55 orinco maps etc.

i think a more interesting idea for treaty maybe would be forced half map for military units, i haven’t seen anyone breaking the gentleman agreement yet but i am sure someone dishonorable enough would do it.

for treaty this is a pretty big issue, esp. for british who are currently almost unplayable because of this, it will take your entire cow population on a trip to the TC, even if they aren’t fattened yet making cow booming basically useless unless you are some sort of micro god.

overall though, nice post, glad you made it.

3 Likes

Excellent post. Minor but annying issue to add: the Hero Explorer Dog from the Explorer Card shipment will Override the Voiceover when grouped with other Units. You will essentially only hear the dog barking all the time instead of unit replies. Super annoying.

Also and this is more gamebreaking: when the dog is grouped with an Army, and therefore acts as the primary unit, you don’t get Mouse over context Icons to capture treasures or Attack buildings. This Sometimes ends Up in your Army Walking Close to a Wall or building and Not attacking it.

1 Like

Great post, very informative. Hope the devs will notice it.

4 Likes

Great post. I hope the developers will take notice.

4 Likes

Amazing post. Please take note devs

3 Likes

Ctrl + hotkey doesn’t do anything for me. Shift + hotkey actually works, but it apparently doesn’t for most people.

3 Likes

Thanks for the support everyone! I have a couple more issues I gathered meanwhile, I’ll edit them in the OP when I have time.

4 Likes

Thanks for your post mate!

What about the possibility to rejoin a multiplayer online game after a crash or a lost of connection?
Even if devs manage to take care of the game related crashes, a lost of connection can always happen at somepoint if you are unlucky…

Cheers

2 Likes

I don’t know why we’d prevent players from playing their favourite game mode rated. You’re basically saying only treaty 40 is relevant, that’s your opinion though. My opinion would honestly be that treaty altogether is irrelevant, and I personally don’t care if none of it is rated. But if some players want to play rated treaty 10, 20 or whatever, let them have it. We could have separate ladders for different kinds of treaty if needed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate.
I think the voice issue is too minor to be worth reporting at this point, considering the other issues we have (and more to come).
About the dog changing the mouse over icons, I think it’s how it works for any unit. E.g if you select vils and military together and hover a mine, it probably won’t show the icon related to gathering coin, if the primary unit in the group is military. Considering it works that way for all units, and was already present on legacy, I honestly don’t think this is worth reporting either. I’d advise you just not to group your dog (or other pets for that matter) with your military.

2 Likes

Thanks for making this list. Hopefully it will help the Devs fix the most pressing issues, making the game a better experience for everyone.

1 Like

Is this actually the single most liked post on the entire forums? :open_mouth:

Nice job compiling the list, and good to see the rest of the community clearly cares about these issues being fixed.

5 Likes

villagers dont propebly go to the next thing like next animal to hunt or next tree or next wall part to build causing a lot of unreasonable idles. combined with the not working shift click to select groups of villagers it is really hard to manage idles compared to vanilla.

attack move is much more broken than in vanilla. units ofthen dont move or get stuck, especially around walls. pathing seems lots worse.

1 Like

Game doesnt pause when someone is lagging. When you ‘reconnect’ the game feels like it sped up, which probably means the game goes on normally for everyone. This increases the likelihood of someone getting dropped in the middle of a game because reconnecting / syncing to a moving game is much harder to do than to a paused game. And you can’t reconnect at all if that happens. Come on. A lot of multiplayer games with smaller studios have that feature

Great post, thanks for the time and effort Kaiser

2 Likes

Excellent post. Hope Devs read all of it and try to give their solutions.

3 Likes

Maybe you or the other people have that option that inverts Shift and Ctrl functionality and it’s the same issue…

1 Like

This is absolutely intended… server-based multiplayer was one of the top requested features, to prevent a lagger from pausing/lagging matches for all other players in the game. Now the lagger can enjoy their network lag by themselves, while other players have smooth gameplay.

3 Likes

If it is server based then it should be important to be able to reconnect which was the limitation of peer to peer anyway

If you play multiplayer, you would know it is pretty much game over and not fun to lose just one player regardless if it makes you win or lose

1 Like