Community-made list of issues

Seems like I can’t edit the OP anymore… I was about to add new issues. Anyway I’ll post them here for now, hopefully can add them later.

In-game UI

• The amount of resources granted by a Trading Post isn’t displayed on the UI thumbnail. It can be seen only by selecting the Trading Post.
• When a shipment is being sent, the amount of units or crates it grants isn’t displayed. It can be seen only by switching to the Home City.

Matchmaking

→ Being able to browse in a specific Elo range (like on legacy with Power Rating) would be most appreciated. This would allow players to find games at their level, even if they have to wait longer for it. Getting matched with players of very different skill is no fun, be it in team or 1v1.
→ While queuing for a rated team game, the number of matched players should be displayed. That way, players would know whether they are about to find a game (e.g 5/6 players matched) or far from it, and thus decide to keep waiting or not.

° While loading the game, your opponent’s name often displays your own name.

29 Likes

Thank you for your effort, Kaiserklein.

It is a great list, which will hopefully get the attention it deserves.

2 Likes

Thank you very much Master @Kaiserklein. I hope your post is taken seriously by the developers, as you and the ESOC are and have been the most loyal to the game. Well and so on, many amateur players loyal to you, the best competitors.

3 Likes

o gado foge por favor tenha dó. não da pra joga assim o centro urbano está faltando os bois se esconderem também lá dentro arruma isso ai

Are you playing on steam or Windows store version? Maybe could explain why it works for some only.

i have issued when i’m downloading the game updates when its trying to install it its take a long long long time to done it its happen just for this game AOE 3 DE and my so many friends have this issue please check it and fix it thanks

Suggestions about mercenaries
Kindly do re-balancing of mercenaries in saloon. Right now there are some good mercenaries, while some are really bad. And building a saloon is a gamble. If most of the mercenaries are made useful then making saloon could be viable option in many maps.
Also Mercenaries enabled by home city cards should be available one age earlier than their usual. So as to justify spending a card which is usually worth lot of resources.

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to post this list!

I would love to get the issues logged for investigation by the team (those that are not already being tracked, that is), but will have trouble doing so without the proper context for each item. The best way to provide this is by providing a link to a thread or post that explains the problem in greater detail—including examples, evidence, frequency, images, when and where it happens, etc.—as that information can then be passed along to the team so they can understand the specific circumstances in which the issue occurs.

I will do my best to ensure that these are tracked based on what you’ve provided, and would encourage that any of these without an active discussion thread be written up and linked here so I can include those details.

I appreciate the effort pulling this together, and hope we can provide you with timely fixes for these problems! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Okay; it took me a few days, but here are the current results (as of November 9). Anyone looking to put these threads together in the future should ABSOLUTELY do so, but there are a few tips that will help us log the issues:

• Explain the issue. Talk me through it like I’ve never seen the game before. What happened? Why was it wrong? What should have happened? Never assume that I can tell exactly what you’re talking about at any given moment.
  • Link to focused discussion threads. This can not only help with context, but ensures there is a place where others can weigh in about a problem and provide their own experience. It also helps keep things organized!
  • Check off things that are fixed. It’s extra time for us to dig through and make sure something was fixed, so be sure to nix them if we’ve already implemented a fix with a previous update.
  • Prioritization is great! Highlighting major, notable, or minor issues is great. Keep doing that!
  • More tips: 📌 [HOW TO] Report a Bug in AOE3: DE

These are just a few things you can do to help us speed up the process of getting these logged (and fixed) by the team. We have a limited number of hours in our day, so getting your help to highlight the most important issues is a great way to guarantee they’re put to good use!

So, without further delay, here’s what I could pull together from the information provided above!

New tracking tasks; note that this DOES NOT guarantee that these will be fixed or provide enough information for the team to identify the issue at hand. It simply means that they are on the list for review:

:memo: Units getting stuck inside immovable objects

:memo: Gameplay: Units or shipments won’t queue.

:memo: Explorer bugged when building trading posts (Will likely need more information)

:memo: Caroleans appear to ignore commands for several seconds (Will likely need more information)

:memo: Leather Cannons visually stutter when multiple are moving as a group

:memo: If a TC goes down while minutemen are being researched, they will keep researching and pop anyway.

:memo: If a building is dropped too close to a treasure that grants a free unit, that Mother Nature unit will sometimes start attacking you. (Will likely need more information)

:memo: You can’t use “find” hotkeys one after another quickly, as it won’t register.

:memo: Alt + click performs “Attack move”, and it is impossible to unbind it. [issue present on legacy]

:memo: Navigating through the ladder pages doesn’t work for the most part.

:memo: Many people experience their game crashing when trying to scroll down the games browser. (Will likely need more information)

:memo: One shouldn’t be able to copy and use a revolt deck.

:memo: No distinction between what you can’t ship because you are housed, because it has already been shipped, or because you are in the wrong age.

:memo: Can’t scroll up the in-game chat, e.g to check the treasures history.

:memo: Hitpoints bars are too small, and there isn’t enough constrast between the remaining and lost HP colours (e.g when playing as blue).

:memo: “Obscured units alpha” setting doesn’t work for a lot of players.

:memo: There should be a black outline or a black background, to improve readability of the number of available shipments.

:memo: The mini-map “layering” does not prioritize enemy units, resulting in enemy troops being hidden behind large icons such as wonders, forts, town centers…

:memo: Treasures sometimes don’t display any information. (Will likely need more information)

:memo: Shadows are too dark, it’s hard to spot e.g a unit standing under a tree, or a wood crate next to your town center. (Will likely need more information)

FIXED

Should be fixed as of a previous build.

:white_check_mark: “Native Lore” shipment shouldn’t grant 2 uhlans in age 1.

:white_check_mark: India will still get free villagers from shipments once they reached the 99 villager limit.

:white_check_mark: There is no limit for the Indian “Infinite 11 Chakrams” shipment, which means you can theoretically have an infinite amount of them on the field.

:white_check_mark: Gurkhas still regenerate HP when idle, instead of Urumis.

:white_check_mark: The Mansabdar Urumi won’t be unlocked in the Charminar Gate after the Urumi Regiment shipment was sent.

:white_check_mark: “Crushing Force” doesn’t seem to increase the chance of a stomp to happen.

:white_check_mark: SHIFT + clicking the Idle Villager banner will now properly select all idle Villagers.

:white_check_mark: The hotkeys to scroll the chat up or down simply don’t work. Only using the scroll wheel within focus of the chat after pressing enter may work.

:white_check_mark: Most rated games are currently unrated.

:white_check_mark: Can’t switch tabs without cancelling your matchmaking, which means you have to stare at your empty tab, without being able to check hosted games meanwhile.

:white_check_mark: Pauses shouldn’t apply when spectating a game, unless you caught up with the players’ in-game time.

:white_check_mark: The European fort doesn’t seem to show on the mini-map while spectating.

NEEDS MORE INFORMATION

These notes require more information, including the frequency of the issue, the circumstances leading to it, or other specific factors that help us understand what happened.

:question: Livestock runs away when villagers try and gather from them, often towards a town center, but not necessarily.

:question: Petards will sometimes refuse to attack a building, and even end up dying without dealing any damage.

:question: After a shrine was taken down, its ruins will still appear on the mini-map as if it was still up, which is confusing.

:question: Villagers sometimes automatically garrison into a building upon its completion, if they are tasked to build it then tasked again with shift. [issue present on legacy]

:question: Conflicts aren’t handled properly. The current context should take over the global context: e.g if pressing Z, a selected military unit should attack move, and the game shouldn’t select your capitol (assuming the hotkey is also Z). If the hotkeys to build a barracks and to find a barracks are both B, building the barracks should take over finding one, if you have a villager selected.

:question: In the Games Browser, the “Time” and “Language” columns are empty.

:question: In the Games Browser, filtering by “Server” does nothing.

:question: In the Games Browser, when enabling the Spectator Mode, ranked games appear as password-protected.

:question: Inability to play any kind of ranked treaty besides 40 minutes.

:question: When coming back to the menus from the deck builder, the top tabs (Play / Profile / Clan) will disappear, until the user goes back to the main menus and re-opens the multiplayer platform.

:question: Grenadiers are called “Explosive Throwers” in the description of some upgrade cards (e.g the Ottoman colonial artillery cards). (What language settings? Do you have a visual example?)

:question: Pauses shouldn’t apply when spectating a game, unless you caught up with the players’ in-game time.

:question: The units in the scenario editor will move on their own, as if they were controlled by an AI, while they are supposed to be controlled by the player.

:question: Can’t see the player’s flag until the homecity has been visited via the “Player summary” tab.

:question: Can’t see messages in the post-game stats, which was possible on legacy.

:question: Buildings sometimes don’t flash when being attacked, which is confusing.

:question: The whole map sometimes renders extremely dark.

:question: Some units skins are quite similar, making it hard to tell them apart.

:question: The whole map sometimes renders extremely dark.

:question: No alpha levels for treasure guardians.

FEEDBACK

These are not necessarily bugs, but should be discussed as the topic of feedback in order to gather a consensus from the community:

:speech_balloon: Harquebusiers (especially the shipment of 8) are too strong, their rate-of-fire at range should be 2, like Hackappelits.

:speech_balloon: There should be a way to turn off the chat filter, especially as it currently censors the whole message (or username) whenever a word is identified as a slur. (The team is working on improvements for the chat filter, but it is a complex process. Watch for updates in the future.)

:speech_balloon: There should be a way to display players’ information in a lobby. (This is a point of discussion which should include what players expect, why it is important, what their priority would be, etc.)

:speech_balloon: There should be an easy way to tell apart identical usernames, so users can’t impersonate someone else. (This is a bit more worrisome, but suggestions are welcome!)

:speech_balloon: There should be an indicator for ascending and descending order, in the saved games folder and post-game stats.

:speech_balloon: Display players’ civs and rating when loading the game, like on legacy. (Half-fixed. Rating would benefit from discussion.)

:speech_balloon: Matchmaking settings could be saved, so we don’t have to select them every time.

:speech_balloon: There could be a way to sort your decks. [issue present on legacy]

:speech_balloon: The observer UI is incomplete compared to Aizamk’s UI (used in ESOC tournaments). It misses many key features, such as shipments sent, military and economic population graphs, or having both players’ points of view simultaneously.

:speech_balloon: The chat is polluted by the large amount of actions logged (e.g the extra amount of resources needed to buy a unit is logged at every click). (Could use a full list of actions and as well as mitigatory suggestions.)

:speech_balloon: Idle vils notifications are hard to notice. The banner could be bigger, or its color lighter.

:speech_balloon: Hard to tell whether a building was set as shipment point or not. It was clearer on legacy, where the icon would turn red when set.

:speech_balloon: Units stats aren’t very clear, as the stat value is closer to the icon of the previous stat. E.g it seems like a musketeer has 12 attack (instead of range) and 3 range (instead of rate-of-fire).

:speech_balloon: HP bars should automatically show whenever a unit is being healed (similarly as when it’s attacked).

:speech_balloon: The tooltip boxes and their inner text are unnecessarily large, wasting useful space on screen in-game.

15 Likes

Could you please add sperate ranks for custom games.

It takes me like 30mins to find a game due to ‘failed to establish connectivity’. PLUS I can’t play on the maps I find comeptitive and other things here:

and

2 Likes

@GMEvangelos hey, thanks a lot for your replies! I haven’t really had the time to keep working on the list recently, but hopefully I’ll soon be able to. I’ve taken your points into account, and will try and get the community to help me fulfill them, so we can help you guys tracking bugs the best we can.

The latest update is really solid, and I’m glad it answers several major issues listed above. Thanks for taking our feedback into account!

11 Likes

what I would like to see in the game lobby is a players ping.
This feature was available in age 3 legacy but not in DE version.

When I host and I see a bad ping player he will be kicked :slight_smile:

Or maybe an option when you host a game some new checkbox “same region players only” or “low ping only”. This way application/server decides automatically if someone can join the game.

just of topic: The new update 6159 looked promising, but my first game with this patch resulted in a crash :slight_smile:
3 players vs 3 cpu. When one of my friends received the victory message, my game and my other friend’s game crashed.

1 Like

AoE3:DE moved to a server-based multiplayer system instead of peer-to-peer connection between players. Assuming it is implemented properly, ping between players does not exist anymore.

2 Likes

Ping is still a thing in a server-based multiplayer. The only difference is that it’s now the delay between player and server rather than player and player. If the server is far away or the Internet is crap then ping is still going to be an issue.

Unless the server slows the game down to accommodate the player with garbage connection.

I thought it slows it down for the player with worse connection only.

3 Likes

Alright, I finally found the time to update this list. I removed all the issues that were fixed already, hopefully didn’t miss any.
I also added the issues I previously posted in this post, as well as the following new issues.

New issues

→ While viewing the pop-in asking you to confirm you wish to delete units, selection can still be switched to other units (e.g by hitting a “find” hotkey or control group), instead of being locked. Therefore resulting in this new selection being accidentally deleted, instead of the previous, intended selection.
→ When performing “Attack Move”, if units kill an enemy explorer, they will then proceed to bug around that explorer instead of attacking other enemy units. [issue present on legacy]

A hero can be revived by changing its stance quickly as it dies, similarly to the old “alt + D” exploit. [issue present on legacy]
Warrior Priests tend to bug around the Community Plaza when tasked to move away from it.

° The 15% buildings hitpoints treasure (present on Borneo) doesn’t affect Trading Posts.
° The “Wallenstein’s Contracts” technology unlocked by the german “Treaty of Westphalia” card doesn’t make infinite mercenary shipments free. If that is intended, it should be specified in the technology’s description.
° In rare occasions, the graphics from the previous post-game stats will be displayed on top of the game.

7 Likes

I’ll try to give some extra information about a few key issues here. Hopefully other community members can help create threads to discuss/report the issues present in this list, I’ll gladly link them!

See thread

After sieging a building down, for a few seconds, its ruins are graphically shown on the map. For any building except shrines, the icon isn’t shown anymore on the mini-map (as expected, since it was destroyed). However, shrines will still show on the mini-map while the ruins are present, and that’s confusing.

The problem is, by not allowing players to simply turn off the filter (which was possible on legacy), communication between players can become hard. For example, “jap” was considered a slur on legacy, and while it may be the case in some contexts, for us it’s really just a shorter way to mean the Japanese civilization. We really don’t want our chat to be filtered out whenever we’re mentioning that civilization.
Another example would be the “f word”. Obviously that’s gonna be censored by any filter. But obviously, when playing with friends, you might be using that word for banter. Just like you may want to type “wtf” (which by the way doesn’t seem offensive at all to me). Well, now you can’t, and that makes communication tedious.
Please just let us turn off that setting, we can even keep it enabled by default. I personally don’t get offended easily, and I want to be able to read what my friends (or anyone else, for that matter) type. Whoever doesn’t want to read these words will always be able to keep the filter on.

See thread

7 Likes

I just wanted to reiterate how annoying the ‘obscured unit alpha’ bug is. I cannot see ANY units behind objects or buildings. I have lost several games so far since I couldn’t see how many troops my opponent had because they were in a forrest or because I couldn’t find a ressource crate behind my town centre.

4 Likes