Completing a scenario does not unlock the next one in custom campaigns

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.59165.0 8211018
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When I complete a scenario in a custom campaign, the next scenario is not unlocked. Thus I can only play the first scenario of any given custom campaign.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a custom campaign.
  2. Start the first scenario. Note: while playing the scenario I will almost certainly have to save at some point and reload the save – this might be relevant to the issue.
  3. Complete the scenario. (No ending slideshow plays, but maybe the custom campaigns I’ve tested don’t have them)
  4. From the score screen, click return to campaigns. I am actually returned to the main menu.
  5. From the main menu, navigate to the custom campaign map I was just playing.
  6. Observe that only the first scenario is available.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The second scenario of the campaign should be available on the campaign map.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

N/A, I think?

1 Like

It’s usually like this for some reason. You will have to use the “i r winner” cheat or equivalent until the devs fix it if you want to play past a level.

1 Like

Hi @TommoChocolate !

Does this always happen to you, or only when you finish the game from a save game?

Thanks, I’d forgotten about that cheat!

I don’t know, I think I have always reloaded a save at some point before completing a scenario. Can you recommend a custom campaign with an easy/short first scenario so I can check?

I heard this one is easy, but I have not played it yet: Mods Single - Age of Empires

1 Like

Thanks. I just played through the first scenario in one sitting, without saving, and it did unlock the next scenario – so I guess this only happens with reloaded saves.

If you read your reload document of the custom campaign scenario,it cannot enter the next scenario.

Thanks for the info!

We are now tracking this issue internally :smiley:

1 Like