Could developers please create mores Scottish units and New British revolutionary card countries

I’d love to also see something of the English Civil featured

I agree - personally I think all Euros should have access to Royal House embassy wagons (like the current German Electors and French shipments), with the Brits having access to the Hanoverians.

As an aside, I’d totally support the Hanoverians’ Drummer unit being a normal, general unit for all (it seems odd not to have at least a drummer present in all European-style armies). Obviously you’d need to replace that unit with something else, but there are loads of Hanoverian options (or even King’s German Legion when added to British).

With that in mind, Jacobites could be added in two ways:

Suggestion 1: Royal House

Via a new Euro house - House of Stuart. House of Stuart would provide units/perks relating to its Scottish rule up until early 17th century, then the English/Scottish/Irish rule up to the early 18th century - so new units from the three nations but with more of a focus of the Scottish.

Units suggestions for the Embassy:

• Highland Targeteer - please see previously described post. Essentially reskinned Rodeleros with Highland Charge.
  • Lowland Levy - Lowlander soldiers armed with Lochaber Axes. A Scottish Halberdier unit which is fairly cheap and quick to train and has the passive ability ‘Town Guard’ which boosts their initially mediorce HP to impressive levels when near any friendly building.

Techs:

• Age I: Gowf (Golf) - Chopping wood also gives Coin at a very slow rate. Abstractly depicting the clearing of land for the first Golf courses / the links of Royalty (wealth) involved with this Scottish sport.
  • Age III: The Rough Wooing - Adds Border Horses to the Stables. Reskinned, lesser Stradiots.
  • Age III: Mercenary Clansmen - Enables Redhank [Light Infantry/Foot Archer] merc infantry in the Inn. Redshanks are similar to Iron Troops - they use Shortbows at range (default) and two-handed Claymore sword up close. They lack the exceptional range-resistance of the aforementioned, however they deal far more melee damage.
  • Age IV: The Young Pretender - Ships a ‘Bonnie Prince Charlie’ Mounted General hero unit.

Royal House Ability: Jacobite Rising
Musters (via HC point) a group of 4 Highland Targeteers and their Clan Chief (essentially a minor War Chief for gameplay purposes) after an extremely long cooldown.

*Disclaimer - costs/cooldowns/balance are pulled out of my butt. It’s just some flavor text.

Note: It would be incredibly unlikely to see additional Royal Houses (Devs said as much on Discord) so I would not hold out much for that.

Suggestion 2: Revolution: Jacobites
All-out alternative Revolution (well, rebellion) - much in the same vein as as the French Revolution. This revolution covers the 1745 rebellion. No archers, Sword-and-Targe type units are only really used by wealthy Clansmen (Tacksmen in this case) but lots of muskets.

• Replaces Explorer with Prince Charlie (Mounted General).

• Settlers are instantly turned into Humblies (see barracks units description). Revolution shipment available to train Settlers again as per Rev civs.

• Barracks - becomes Jacobite Camp (graphically similar to Surgeons Tent). Trains: Lowlander (replaces Redcoat - essentially a slightly faster basic Musketeer that costs Food and Wood and trades melee damage for ranged attack), Bagpiper (reskinned/remodeled Drummer - provides small Health/Ranged Resistance boosts), Tacksmen (Broadsword and Targe-wielding officers - expensive but bolster nearby units Melee), Humbly - scruffy Lowest-ranking Highland warrior, armed with just the Lochaber Axe (Halberdier-type), and of course Highlanders.

• Inns will allow you to train Irish Piquet (renamed Irish Brigadier with red jackets) and Royal Écossais (Renamed Bonnet-wearing Fusilers)

• Stables - Hussars and Dragoons are removed! Bagot’s Hussars replace the standard Hussar (a little weaker, however have fantastic line of sight making them excellent scouts). These can dismount to become the Jacobites’ only ranged Light Infantry (armed with Carbines).

• Artillery - Falconet and Culverin are replaced with Light Cannon (with Lowland soldier crew skins). They also only have access to Mortars, though they can ship in French Artillery Aid through the HC to send other European cannons.

• Rev civ shipment quirks: Some cards are labelled ‘Clan Shipments’ which arrived very quickly (normally all ‘home’ Scottish unit and tech shipments) as the Chiefs are mustering forces quickly. Everything else is a ‘Foreign Support’ shipment taking the normal time.

4 Likes