Could this image show what AOE4 is going to be?

I found this image on Relic’s website section “work with us”.

It seems to show a samurai and some japanese structures like a dojo.

Try to zoom on it.

These obviously are only speculations.

Before we rule in samurais and dojos, we should first rule out that the game is just comprised of a series of random blobs.

Wow, what an imagination…

@TyBreaker69 said:
Wow, what an imagination…

Yeah. I know. Only speculations as i said.

NCIS - ENHANCE!!

Unfortunately I they are too blurry for me. This is a nice find though, the same happened with AOE:Online when someone made out the blurred drawings from an image posted on Robot’s website with a swordsman and something else, they turned out to be from the game.

I upped the contrast, that sometimes helps a little. I still can’t make heads or tails of it (the samurai looks like a yeti with blades for hands to me, I see a sea snake in the bottom left, and above that a one legged dead giant and a trumpeting angelphant) but whatever the blobs are many do seem to have a certain organic quality to them, so the few things these don’t look like are big square stuff like modern buildings, tanks and large robots. So it might well be art for aoe4. (Or any other game with say humans and plants in it.) I just couldn’t tell for the life of me what is actually depicted there.

The one thing I can make out on the screen looks like a rug (or a playing card, or wooden window shutters, or…) so that could be some kind of historic inspiration as well.

@“Pan Calvus” said:

I upped the contrast, that sometimes helps a little. I still can’t make heads or tails of it (the samurai looks like a yeti with blades for hands to me, I see a sea snake in the bottom left, and above that a one legged dead giant and a trumpeting angelphant) but whatever the blobs are many do seem to have a certain organic quality to them, so the few things these don’t look like are big square stuff like modern buildings, tanks and large robots. So it might well be art for aoe4. (Or any other game with say humans and plants in it.) I just couldn’t tell for the life of me what is actually depicted there.

The one thing I can make out on the screen looks like a rug (or a playing card, or wooden window shutters, or…) so that could be some kind of historic inspiration as well.

I see samurai armour. Something like this:

@nonlosojimmy said:

@“Pan Calvus” said:

The Asians have that Lamellar armor. Don’t necessary a samurai

Can be Chinese, mongol, etc.

@Augustusman said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

@“Pan Calvus” said:

The Asians have that Lamellar armor. Don’t necessary a samurai

Can be Chinese, mongol, etc.

Yes. You are right

Top left blob looks kind of like a Japanese WW2 Zero fighter plane

Well I hope it doesn’t turn into a Command & Conquer clone.

@TyBreaker69 said:
Well I hope it doesn’t turn into a Command & Conquer clone.

Yes, but to be honest, i don’t expect to much .

top left looks like a chariot from above

Grasping at straws now I see. :smiley:

I think its more of flame thrower and an armored vehicle///???

Here, another Image taken from “game with us section”

It seems to show some different structures , maybe medieval maybe modern. Let’s go my CSI Friends

@nonlosojimmy said:

It seems to show some different structures , maybe medieval maybe modern. Let’s go my CSI Friends

do you have that image on a higher resolution?
i tried find this image on the relic page but no success.

another point: on relic page they use what looks being marble as background for the AOE4

@Ketoth said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

Unfortunately not. Anyway this is the source:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Photos/Relic-Entertainment-Office-Photos-E533032.htm

@nonlosojimmy said:

@Ketoth said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

Unfortunately not. Anyway this is the source:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Photos/Relic-Entertainment-Office-Photos-E533032.htm

It says there the picture is from November 18 2015.

I don’t see the other 2 pictures, but I’m reasonably sure none of it is AOE4 now.