Could you give us more American and African content?

Yes I would be down to have Scythians representing Sogdia and Alans

And Romans are already in the game

1 Like

Who would you consider as the romans in game?

Byzantines.

Theres no other option imo

4 Likes

They are the eastern roman empire.

4 Likes

They are the Romans still

Adding a new civ that only existed for 76 years in the current timeline that could be represented by Byz is pointless

1 Like

Either way, a civ has to start mattering before the 1500s but you are able to take stuff until 1598

2 Likes

Exactly my point a civi getting added should have something interesting before 1600 or else they make better candidates for aoe3.

There should at least be minimum criteria for adding civis such as having a wonder interaction between other ingame civis one prominent leader or story to tell etc.

1 Like

Mesos have Xolotl warriors :grin:

I guess my point is that native americans had horses pretty much from the first moment they encountered horses. Sure in the real world that was a little later, but if they had battled the Persians and Lithuanians in 1000 AD I bet they would’ve had horses.

None of this is any more farfetched than the Vikings fighting the Vietnamese, or the Malians taking on the Incas.

1 Like

All of this is far feched by the choise of the players in unrealistic battles in MP.
I play exclusively SP and then only fight with andagainst realistic historical enemies / regional allies in the correct settings/regions. People playing MP for competitive reasons whom doesn’t give one lick about history/cultures, sure, they play an unrealistic game. But that doesn’t meant that each civ added should be allowd to deviate from its historical origins.

I want more regional civs added so I can fight more varied historical battles.
Not once do I ever play as the Koreans against the Maya and the Franks on the Mediteranian map.

I always fight in regionally correct maps (Yukatan,Salt marsh and so on ) with moderetely correct civs (Aztechs,Maya,Inca,Spanish,Ports).

That is why I want more civs added such as Islanders DLC
Taino/Caribs,Zaputechs,Mapuches,Polynesians.

Asian DLC
Tibetans,Chola empire - Tamils,Afghans,More Asian civs

Red Sun of Africa DLC
Congolese Empire,Kanhem-Bornu Empire,Kingdom of Zimbabwe/Mutapa/ Shona People Humbwa Axeman,Kingdom of Ghana,Songhai Empire,Swahili,Nubia

Aswell as Region specific Random map options.
Arabia- Desert or Grass

Black forest: Oak forest (Northern European), Pine forest, Autumn , Winter (Snow)

Costal: Oak forest, Pine forest, Bamboo, Autumn, Cyprus trees (Grecko),Winter(Snow)Dessert,Jungle

Mediteranian: Oak forest, Pine forest, Bamboo, Autumn, Cyprus trees (Grecko),Winter(Snow)

Rivers: Oak forest,Pine forest, Bamboo, Autumn, Cyprus trees (Grecko),Winter(Snow),Dessert,Jungle

Gold Rush: Oak forest,Pine forest, Bamboo, Autumn, Cyprus trees (Grecko),Winter(Snow),Dessert,Jungle

And so forth.
This option should be togolable in the options section for those whom do not wish to use this.

1 Like

You miss the point all the ingame civis had contact with minimum two civis not fully isolated till the end of the game time period.

1 Like

The name is not a big problem, It is similar to call Teutons the Germans.
you can call it “Hausa”, “Nigerians”, “Nigeriens”, “Chadians”, etc. what ever suitable.

Have you heard about the Tonga Empire, friend?
They even are the better option than Iroquois in some degree.

1 Like

Yes I have szaladon was the first to come up with it as a possible candidate but they mainly fought with samoans not any other ingame civi.that part of the world was not known by the medieval people.Do we even know of a tongan building that could be used as a wonder?

This is perfectly fine unlike calling them with a geographical term like stepp people.

Tonga really fits in as an empire but being totally isolated is the main problem.If they get added anyone can become an option even eskimo’s or australian aboriginals.

The Mayan campaign is about a civil war, so does the Aztec scenarios before Spanish coming. I think that would be okay.

As the only representative of the Oceanians, Samoans and Australian aboriginals may be covered by the Polynesians too. Inuit, perhaps Eskimo whom you called, could be technically cover by Iroquois with adding some editor units like the dog sled. As the only representative of the North Americans, Iroquois could represent the people who include Inuit and Skræling.

I don’t mean both of Polynesians and Iroquois are the strong potential options but it is actually a kind of the solution for covering all of the world.

Not only Tonga, the potential constructions might have been built by any the Polynesian ethnic group.
Even if a imaginary wonder is acceptable too. Look at the Mongols’ one.

This is my main worry about adding civis like this the game is slowly turning in to a civilization game covering the whole world and not a medieval game.

Mongols Cumans and Huns all have made up wonders so I guess this civi could use easter island heads as a wonder maybe.

Aztecs and Mayans even Inca got connected by the spanish so they are not totally isolated. Philippine’s were well connected and they have cool looking uu candidates but they too were just separate tribes much like these regions and NA.

If this game focuses only the old world, you do not need to worry about this.
Since the dev opened the gate of the new world by AoC, this game is impossible to get rid of this issue.
Anyway, the Asians and Africans still have higher priority to receive the contents in my opinion.

If we hadn’t added these episodes into the game over 2 decades ago, what you worrying may not be happened.

1 Like

Indeed adding 200 years to a game time frame opens up a huge number of possibilities.

Why make DLCs for ethnic groups that no longer exist when you can make ones that have active player, a decent infrastructure for the population to be able to afford PC and have a certain sense of Nationalism where they feel happy about playing their Civ in a game, increasing the chance of buying the DLC containing it

2 Likes

Cpuldnt we just look at the major holes and aftervthat ask ourselves if they are marketeable and not the lther way around? And Sicilians and Burgundians arent as marketeable as even Kongolese would be

1 Like

People in europe will buy more than people in africa.

3 Likes