Could you give us more American and African content?

Even with them being European I warrant you that more people know about the kingdom of Kongo than aboutvSicilians being Normans.

And rn a lot of people want content somewhere else too

1 Like

You are right more people would know about the slave trade than normans in crusades.

(Atlantic) slave trade is something from 16-17th century onwards, definitely not medieval history.

1 Like

All we will get now would be in a journey to the east. I hope some campaigns on Caucasus or south east Asia.

1 Like

Kongo existed frlm before that tjough. They are still a very late civ but considering all the diferent kingdoms there was in Sputhwest Africa Kongolese are fairly okay

1 Like

Tbh what does not being isolated mean? Is it just interacting with other people through trade or does it mean actually fighting that people?

I also want to know, since isolation depends on the point of view of the civ in question or how many civs surrounding it are included in the game. For example, during the Middle Ages Europe would be considered isolated to the Chinese.

1 Like

Well, because the game portrays peoples (and not nations) who were powers in the medieval period and not today. This includes peoples with their kingdoms/empires outside the known world (read Europe).
At least, I think that was Emsemble team logic in adding Aztecs and Mayans when they could have added Italians and Portuguese. The same could have happened with Forgotten devs, since by your metric, Poles would make more sense than Ethiopians.

The idea is not to bring all peoples into the game just for the sake of representation. It is, as I see it, just spreading current knowledge of history while opening up possibilities for new and interesting mechanics to the game. Believe it or not, the media has a lot of influence on how people see the world.

3 Likes

It’s a game about the Middle Ages after all, not about primitive Stone Age tribes. As harsh as that may sound. :wink:

Besides we are slowly but surely reaching a point of an excessive amount of civs.

2 Likes

Definitely not. More like the modern days Greek.

1 Like

They called themselves Romans, they were under the Roman Empire for 600 years (more or less), their leader was the Roman Emperor.

They are pretty much Romans

Many more tribes and civilizations were under the Romans for 600 years or even longer, does that make them all Romans? You can guess.

The name Romanian literally translates to “Roman”, being derived from “romanus”. Does that mean Romanians are ethnically and culturally equal as Romans? I doubt it.

2 Likes

Ah you forgot the mongols who connected east to the west.
Trade War Diplomatic connections all count for not being isolated.Since this is a war game its better to have civis that fought each other or participated in interesting stories.tribe x going to war against tribe y who are the same culture is not that interesting scenario material.

Ok, but who of these countries were ruled by the Roman Emperor, had the Roman capital and kept the Roman military and which of these was founded by the heirs of the Roman empire?

Thans to the useless and repetitive European xivs we have gotten.

Bulgarians are almost a carbon copy of Slavs and Poles needed to be historically unaccurate to be added.

And Asia makes the Europeans look small, we can add more American civs without much problem.

And theres bigger civs in Africa than Bohemia or Poland too.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Still doesn’t excuse the fact that Europe has been given more civs than all of Asia and Africa combined

2 Likes

Why no fun? Incert insperatonal quote with a waterfall back ground or something

Poles didn’t need to be historically inaccurate. It was their mistake of adding Lithuanians first and falsely represented what led to this.

The Bulgarians being “almost a carbon copy of Slavs” part is entirely unfounded.

2 Likes

Maybe because Lithuanians were originally meant to be representing Poles and should have been kept doing so

Not really. They are the closest two civs in the game design wise.

I have shared the list already but their gameplan and tech tree is super similar outside of Kreposts and most of their bonuses have a counterpart that does a similar thing.

Even the UU isnt that far away

3 Likes