Coustilliers should not recharge when in combat

Here’s the only fix that I think works:

• Make the unit faster than regular cavalry when charge is available
  • When charge triggers, receive a timed attack buff that deteriorates (ie: +6, then +4, then +2)
  • When the buff is over, the unit becomes slower

What this does:

• Can’t one-shot villagers, archers, pointyboiz. Pikes still counter well.
  • A possibly balanced match against knights that can easily be tweaked
  • Camels remain a powerful counter & may chase afterwards
  • The unit keeps its identity as sudden heavy-hitter but weak in prolonged engagements

I mean the problem is that it oneshots things. So make it not do that. Create fights where pikemen, camels and archers can hit back (at least once), and give villagers a chance to escape. That’s how you make it into proper shock cavalry. It’s about the sudden impact followed by the gradual overturning in a prolonged fight.

Just change the charge bonus to +20 and +30 for the standar and elite version

that way a coustellier would do 8+2+20= 30, thats three hits against villager

and elite coustellier would do 11+4+30= 45, thats three hits against FU halbs

With those changes castle version would not be so broken, they would be a lot worse againt knights, halbs and camels, but they would stil be a heavy hitter against infantry and archers and maybe the best raiding unit in the game, specially the elite version

1 Like

Mangudai dont oneshot FU mangudai/heavy CA. Coustilier do. Its a whole other level of power.

Is the same with knights, knights win 1v1 vs the spears… you just need more spears to counter them.

Once coustelliers losses their charge they melt against pikes and halbs…

Coustelliers players often run back to castle after the first charge especially encountering pikes and halbs

Yeah but then thats however many supply that cannot contribute to the fight for 40s. If that’s the main use out of Coustiller, I’d rather use flaming camels instead, assuming they are reasonably cheap.

1 Like

I think the concept of the unit is fine overall. With a different role than cavs, excelling in short fights and hit and run.

The main issue is that they shouldn’t be able to OS vils or pikes. It should be the main rework focus.

It would be fine if the charge attack become +20/+25, or something like triple damage like @FenomenoAOC suggest.
On the other hand they should have a descent reload time in accordance with the damages reduction. Something like 25s, otherwise they will become useless.

From a logical perspective, they could also reduce their PA a bit (they don’t have shield or a big armour compare to Knights) and obviously remove the bonus vs archer. I also think they could add a mecanism, with the charge bar slowly decreasing if the unit is not moving for quiet some time. As it’s a charge attack, they’ll have to move before have the bonus if it make sense :thinking:

2 Likes

The best way to nerf this unit is just reducing their charge attack and it will be enough

Just reduce 50% the cargue bonus and cooldown, and get rid of the 2x against archers, 1 shooting arbs is kind of ok, but 1 shooting mangudais and ca is to much

Yea makes sense to me. You could just make it that if the unit is standing still after it depletes its original charge, it doesn’t recharge UNTIL it moves again to a new location at least a couple of tiles away to give the illusion of charging again.