Crash during Campaign Mission [Bolivar's Revolt]

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **BUILD #: Latest
  • **PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

CTD during storming the Spanish fortress in ‘Bolivar’s Revolt’ Campaign

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

2 out of 2 times I’ve played that mission.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start ‘Bolivar’s Revolt’ in Act III
  2. Play until you are attacking the Spanish fortress at 12o’clock.
  3. Watch the game crash as you and your allies are walking into the Spanish base.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

No crash. Naturally.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

4 Likes

Happened to me as well, when I started attacking the Command Post. Had to use the “this is too hard” cheat to skip the mission

Thanks for reporting this - we’ll track this on our end!

1 Like

Also getting this issue, twice now

Possible workaround:

Apparently, if you use mortars to destroy the command post without actually entering the village with your units, you can finish the mission and avoid the crash.

I’ll try that this evening and report.

My opinion is that the game tries to load language resources text/sound files and crashes when it can’t find them.

Workaround confirmed!

If you avoid to enter the last village with your military and use mortars to destroy the enemy command post, you can win the scenario without using cheats.

Any update on this so far?

Yep, outside the fort I’ve taken the towers down, no prob. Break the gates, both no prob. But once I get moving into the fort and start to go inside the game freezes. Twice in a row. Seems like I’m done with the campaign until a fix comes through.

Alienware 17R4, Steam Version.