Creating Custom OP civs with Advanced Genie Editor

I recently uploaded a new OP civilization: the Casusin Berbers. This OP farming civilization is based on a post by casusincorrabil and has the following bonuses:

• Folwark replaces Mill (Poles)
  • Free Farm upgrades (Franks)
  • Eco tech upgrades available one age earlier and cost half food (Burgundians)
  • Farm upgrades provide 100 percent more Food (Sicilians)
  • Farms cost 40 percent less (Teutons)
    Team Bonus: Farms are built 100 percent faster (Incas)

Tech Tree: Berbers

Unique Unit: Camel Archers, Genitours

Unique Techs: Silk Armor, Recurve Bow

There were a few tricky things I encountered while putting together this civilization. The first tricky issue was getting the one age earlier eco tech bonuses to work. To do this, I first had to copy and paste the Burgundian’s eco tech requirement Techs (758, 759 and 760) onto the new Techs (824, 825 and 826 respectively). 758 is the Feudal eco tech requirement that’s automatically researched in the Dark Age, 759 is the Castle eco tech requirement that’s automatically researched in the Castle Age and 760 is the Imperial eco tech requirement that’s automatically researched in the Imperial Age.

Then I added the (Berbers) Feudal eco tech requirement as a Required Tech to Horse Collar, Gold Mining, Double-Bit Axe, Wheelbarrow and Stone Mining; the (Berbers) Castle eco tech requirement as a Required Tech to Caravan and Gillnets; and the (Berbers) Imperial eco tech requirement as a Required Tech to Guilds. Here’s a screenshot of how the Horse Collar tech entry looked like:

The other tricky thing involved trying to get the Folwarks to work with Farm upgrades. The Casusin Berbers have the Sicilian’s farm upgrades, which means that a Folwark should instantly gather 32.5, 57.5 and 92.5 food from a farm in Dark, Feudal and Castle respectively. However, when I originally uploaded this civilization, the Folwarks gathered only 17.5 food regardless of age. In other words, the Farm upgrades were not increasing the instant gather amount, and Folwarks were not gathering 10% of the farm food.

The reason for this was that the (Berbers) Folwark bonus techs were using the Poles’ Folwark as opposed to the Berber’s Folwark as a required tech. Also, the Folwark bonus effects don’t actually multiply Farm food by 0.10. Instead, three effects (821, 822, 823) add 7.5, 12.5 and 17.5 to the instant gather amount when Horse Collar, Heavy Plow and Crop Rotation are researched. In turn, to match Sicilian Farms, I copy and pasted those three existing effects and changed the instant gather values to 15, 25 and 35.

Here’s a screenshot of the modified Horse Collar Folwark bonus tech. Note that the Polish Folwark tech is 793, while the custom Casusin Berbers Folwark tech is 584.

And here’s a screenshot of the modified Horse Collar Folwark effect that will be used with the Casusin Berbers’ Folwark Horse Collar bonus tech:

1 Like