Deconstructing Age of Empires IV Trailers - [piece by piece]

It’s kind of late to post this now maybe, but there are some things that i also got watching the trailers and forgot to put on the table. Better to be late than never they say, so let’s go into it.

We all saw the farms and mills spreading over there, but what about wood resource recolection? here is what i got:

RESOURCES
We can see some trees felled near the walls outside the base

And here some Mongols villagers chopping a tree and collecting it like in the old ways of Age 2 (number 1 in the picture), transporting the wood collected (not an neverding resource collection like in Age III) and also other ones (villagers number 2) slaughtering sheeps for food.

GAMEPLAY CAMERA AND PERSPECTIVE

Not much to say here than just it seems that the camera angle for it still the same as the whole saga and almost every RTS. Also the ZOOM IN/OUT looks like to be done with mouse wheel rather than also using the ALT key like in Age III.

GAMEPLAY DETAILS

Here just some stuff that most of all have noticed. There are quite often some weapon racks (with bows) over the walls from time to time, wich looks like a nice detail but i wonder if also it will have some function or if it is just mere aesthetics.

IDLE VILLAGER ANIMATION

Seems than now, besides it still having an icon to detect idle villagers, they also will have a little animation on it for a quick detection (yes, its a Zzz over his head).

TYPE OF HOUSES?

I was wondering about the different type of houses till i’ve noticed that one has chickens next to it.

SQUAD LEADERS & MORE

As we can see below there are some things we can recognize, like the Merchant, a Squad leader for what it seems for that cavalry patrol… some ‘‘tents’’ near the gate and then, here is a thing i wonder. In the second cuadrant we can se clearly a soldier pointing with his sword like giving orders. We can all think that is a kind of leader/general kind of something, but one second later he just transforms in a normal Axemen soldier, so what the heck?

5 Likes