Devs, please consider delaying the game to rework the graphics while/if there's still time

I’m personally okay either way. Whether they change the graphics or not.

To be honest, though, if i had to choose between the two. I would choose to have smoother gameplay, with lesser system requirements that allowed more people to play, for longer…

1 Like

Not really, if you want to be taken seriously when arguing that graphics need to be better don’t show games that have ultra graphics(i.e. ancestors legacy, total war, ect)

I never EVER said I want these graphics, I have agreed that they could be better but I’m not going to shun the game because its graphics aren’t up to my standards

1 Like

You’re not making sense.

AoE3 didn’t have ultra graphics when it released?

It did.

And still, Ultra graphics is a subjective term.

They can also make this game look a lot better without going ALL the way these other games went.

We are just comparing AoE4 to them because that’s what we have at the current gen of games to compare. And some aren’t even that recent

Seriously, WHAT other games should be used for comparison?

I also never said you were ok with the graphics don’t know where you got that from.

If you are fine with the graphics, good for you, but there are many people that aren’t and their complaints are valid.

3 Likes

I took this as you assuming I wanted the graphics that we have seen, seeing as you responded to my post

And how many people were able to play it? A handful compared to Aoe2 or Aoe3

And the people who think the graphics are fine, their opinions are valid too, yet I see plenty of people who don’t like graphics saying that their logic is flawed and they need to see a doctor, along with a whole paragraph with comparisons to other games as to why you are wrong and they are right(or something similar to that)

That’s a pretty bad argument to be honest and the same logic could even be applied to a Crysis game.

Should crytek also stop trying to make pretty graphics?

Do you also know that there is a very secret technique called “lowering the graphics quality in the options menu if your rig can’t handle the game at ultra”?

You can say you are ok with the graphics. But when someone says that the texturs aren’t blurry or something like that they are making a factual statement and those can be tested with critical thinking and knowledge.

Opinions can be wrong.

Also I never said to anyone go see a doctor so you can’t imply that’s “on me” just because I created this post. If someone said that or offended someone send them a PM and discuss in private.

2 Likes

They aren’t an rts company, the games they make thrive when it has awesome graphics, because most people who play them have beefy PCs or consoles

I never implied that it “was on you”

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
opinion definition
conceitedly assertive and dogmatic in one’s opinions.
opinionated meaning, there’s a difference.
Both parties have people with “opinions” and “opinionated people”

I’d rather make a false statement based on my “wrong” opinion than insult someone for having their opinion(not implying you)

I would be fine with a delayed release, lets say a year, year and a half should be a good length imo

Saturation Will not help so much. Models are not detailed: textures are very Low. They seem come from a 2005 game.

How zoomed-in are you going to be playing this game?? And if so close, why? (genuinely curious)

2 Likes

Because there are two kind of RTS gamers" the ones Who love to play only multiplayer games (and for them campaign mean “tutorial”) and the other ones (i’m One of them) Who are not so interested to competitive scene but love to play campaigns and skirmish with AI or Coop with beautiful graphic and in this case the “zoom in” Is a fundamental aspect.

But i i could add another info: players Who play only multiplayer aren’t the most Of players.

2 Likes

I’m in the non-competitive “skirmish AI” group, too… but I find no reason to zoom in so far. (Except maybe the first couple times I played to see the donkey going around the mill in AoE2, or other fine touches.) There must be three or more kinds of RTS gamers, then :slight_smile: Will be curious to see what OP says

To actually play a skirmish vs. AI or campaign so closely zoomed-in, seems like it would be counter-productive to one’s ability to win

I could suggest you (if you have a good PC but a 1060/1050 could be enough) to play with “zoom in” when your soldiers are fighting the enemy: It seems you are a General with their troops and every deaths Will be a kick into your stomach). For me this Is the One of the beautiful things of RTS games

1 Like

Thanks, Jimmy, that’s interesting. I will try sometime

I can say it probably will never be my ‘norm’, and it may feel a little like, “Okay, I saw it once, that was cool… don’t need to again” type of thing (like the mill), but we’ll see :slight_smile:

It will be more zoomed out than this, ofc.

Take a look at the presentation videos. They show the game very zoomed out.

you must be trolling

I like a AoE2’s graphics way better than AoE3

Aoe3 graphics are lightyears ahead of Aoe2 but Aoe2 is the better game(imo)

im not a graphics nerd so I dont really understand what you mean when you say something like “lightyears agead of AoE2”. All I see is that I prefer AoE2 graphics over AoE3, not just the gameplay.

If you have seen any of my previous posts dealing with the graphic civil war then you would know I’m not a nerd either.

Well it is hard to compare because 2d and 3d have vast differences but I like them both.

If I had to choose a favorite ot would be AoE2:DE because things look nice even when zoomed

Are you serious? Member of this community from 2017, lol. I’m trolling.