Devs respond to zoom request from beta

And they can’t add zoom feature for aoe4 because???
Devs are being a jackass that’s all.

2 Likes

indeed.
I am none to judge if they cant make it work, but I can say I wont be playing the game if they fail to up the zoom level :smiley: (or correct the camera angle. I just want to see more than 5-6 buildings)

3 Likes

Even games 20 years older that might not support even 1920x1080 resolution have more zoom out if you compare the number of buildings you can see in a 3840x2160 resolution monitor.

Its the buildings-units scale, the camera zoom setting, the 3D perspective in hills etc, all these makes the UI in a big monitor to be the worst. For me in a big monitor the game is unplayable. I can understand people to say the zoom is great, in small monitors, I totally agree, I understand people with medium size monitors to say that the game has not the best zoom, but it is ok. But in big monitors the game is terrible. You see everything 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 etc times bigger, it depends to the monitor you have.

Every other game has the resolution. No, one ask AoE4 to invest the wheel. Why to start creating problems to the things that have already been solved years before by every other RTS out there?

Dune 2000 (a game from 1998)

Warcraft 1 (a game from 1994-1995)

I don’t want to talk about the resolution these games had. It was so little… (you can understand it and from the lumber-gold resources in the upper part of the screen. The resolution was tiny… But still you can see more buildings. Practically I am talking about the first RTS games ever made… I think Warcraft 1 was the first but I am not sure.

2 Likes

Please everyone take a look at this picture. And guess how much space of your screen is occupied by buildings. And how much of your actual base you can see. You can see a lumber camp and thats it. Fields, stone, coin is all further away from your screen. Its zoomed in too much. You have to move your screen constantly because not enough stuff is displayed on your screen because its zoomed in too close.

Do yourself a favour and compare this screenshot to screenshots in Age of Empires 3. You will realize that there is simply more stuff on the screen in Age of Empires 3 because that game has the right zoom to play. And guess what. You have several zoom options in Age of Empires 3.

Adjust the zoom so its comparable to what we have in Age of Empires 3. End of debate.

5 Likes

This is not a rant or attack. Far from it.

I just want to know what’s up.

This post has more than 300 replies.

One week passed.

Where is the clarification?

Where are the community managers?

Isn’t this the official forum?

Mr. Isgreen:
“Our community is so passionate. They’re very passionate about telling us when they don’t like things, too, so there’s been these wonderful back-and-forths. We are driven, at a studio level, by community interaction. That’s an insanely important point for World’s Edge, the new studio that we created for Age of Empires.”

Taken from the same interview.

So…

What’s up?

6 Likes

Well said, we demand a follow-up response, else we might not buy this game! Everyone repeat this message and raise those pitchforks! Power to the peasants!

6 Likes

[mod hat on] I’ve sworn an oath to uphold all that is good and true with the Age of Empires Forum, which on our watch has grown to be a warm light in the darkness of a cold internet. Part of my sacred duty is to follow the rules here, and those rule provide, in relevant part, that we are not to “Create a petition. Petitions are not allowed and will be instantly deleted.”

You can find that edict here Age of Empires Forum Code of Conduct and Terms of Service

As such, I am so deleting.

4 Likes

Gotta do what you gotta do, we understand :slight_smile:

I’m confused.
What petition Mr. AndyPXIII?

Petition: a formal written request, typically one signed by many people, appealing to authority in respect of a particular cause.

So… asking for clarification is a petition… and asking where are the community managers to clarify is also a petition.

Mmmm… “appealing to authority” is… debatable.

This is what you mean or I’m confused regarding it all?

2 Likes

Since I started modding here in 2015, I’ve applied that rule to prohibit players from attempting to band together and protest development decisions by refusing to purchase content. You are welcome to appeal the decision as provided in that link, and I’m not super interested in getting super deep into moderator jurisprudence here. Let’s get back to discussing the game — complain all you want, just please don’t use the forum to organize any revolts. I’m just doing my level best to leave this place better than I found it.

10 Likes

Revolt?
Are you serious?

3 Likes

If people have some feedback they’d like to give, there is a feedback page they can send to.

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001397112

No need to gaslight the forums!

4 Likes

I suppose I’m as serious about a revolt as whoever was talking about pitchforks, which is obviously a reverence to a revolt. [Scrolls up.] oh, that was you.

[edit:oops]

3 Likes

No. It wasn’t.
It’s the next reply, not mine.

1 Like

Oh oopsie. That dude then.

3 Likes

I dont think developers have time to reply to every request and every forum thread. I’m a retired developer, and if you start engaging in conversations then… you dont have time left to actually write code.

5 Likes

They’ve got community managers who historically vary in their participation. TBF their forum presence has been pretty lean in recent years while the bazillion social media feeds appear to capture more attention.

1 Like

I don’t ask for the devs to respond, I don’t even want them to look at posts. They have a bigger and most important job to do!

Maybe it is because that is what attracts more media attention

The missing link. :pensive: